Standard Garden lamp Mk.3

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Nice sight ..:)

For your Mark-4, I have an humble suggestion. Why not make it from flexible filament ?. Palm trees endure those nasty tropical storms. They bend but don’t break.

..says the ‘filament expert’. :hide

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Well I’m back, but this time it’s to say.. The new Mark lV is Fubar once again..

It didn’t get a chance to shine for even a week, with one storm after another coming along, it didn’t stand a chance, but you know what they say.. If you can’t stand the heat, stay the Feck out of the kitchen..

I got the hearse in to remove the sad remains.. No worries dough, the good news, the Mark V is ready to go to the slicer, but it will take 6 months before I’m ready to properly install the new girl, (only half of the design is complete).. I also need aniother 30 rolls of filament..

There’s a lot of ground work to be done removing the remains of Mark lX and a new hole to be dug, one lamp pole out a new one in, the mistakes I’ve made will ensure the Mark V with be the most successful of all.

Ted doesn’t know what is going on, and he’ll have to find somewhere else to scent mark, poor guy will miss the extra light dough when he’s trying to see the ball to catch, we’ll have brighter evenings coming soon, and that will give me the time I need to print the new lamp with all its new design features.
P1010950.jpg P1010951.jpg P1010953.jpgP1010954.jpg P1010955.jpg P1010952.jpg
P1010956.jpg
Click to enlarge..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Looks like the Tiger Woods crash sight. :eek:

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
:eek: Well I did not expect to see this so soon :(

Now I'm thinking, perhaps PLA is far too stiff and brittle to withstand the flexing from heavy winds :(
What about doing a series of smaller lamps along the driveway instead a very tall one?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Looks like the Tiger Woods crash sight.
Haw Feckin Haw..:clap
Now I'm thinking, perhaps PLA is far too stiff and brittle.... a series of smaller lamps along the driveway instead a very tall one?
Would you ever Feck off, I’ve got this idea stuck in my head, and I’m going to keep at it till I get it perfect, The new Johnny 5 will be much better and stronger, well that’s what I keep telling myself, so see you all in about 6 months, (Mark V)..

P.S. you can blame the idiot not the PLA.. I‘m getting my new stock of filament from Creality..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
How much money would you have saved if you just bought the bloody lamp to begin with? :barnie

I humbly await your obligatory "Feck off". :p

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
How much money would you have saved if you just bought the bloody lamp to begin with?
Your perfectly right, I would have saved quite a lot, but where’s the fun in that..:clap
I humbly await your obligatory "Feck off".
It’s far too late for that, I’m already way past the hundreds...:ep

And I’m going to start again..:)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
@The Hat You made the Chinese National news tonight!

TheHatPLA.jpg

Headline - TheHats订购500吨PLA的新灯今天已离开深圳前往爱尔兰

Google translate may help :lol:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I don't know what the translation is but I made up my own: The Hat's monthly shipment of filament and 3D printer parts docking in Dublin. :gig