Standard Garden lamp Mk.3

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I’ll be raising just the one glass in honour of @stratman great Mum..
Thank you, my friend. :hugs

May be time to open the Teelings on Thanksgiving to toast you and family. :)

You, Mrs. The Hat and mother would have all gotten on wonderfully. You would have liked her cooking, too. :drool

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You, Mrs. The Hat and mother would have all gotten on wonderfully. You would have liked her cooking, too.
Do you really think she’d like another drunkard cluttering up the floor while she was trying cook.. I’ll be there in sprit my friend..:hugs
Made me think of Uncle Fester from the 1960's TV show
Ted is not as good as Uncle Fester, his bulb was broke..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
o
I worked with a Goth that was the Spittin image of Morticia
Morticia was hot. Pretty advanced stuff for adolescents back then.

if you ever saw Spittin' Image
Never had. Until now. I can't believe I just saw a naked Putin attack naked Boris Johnson and Donald Trump's genitals.

Where's the brain bleach?! :sick

Bad boy, Red. Now you're on Santa's naughty list for sneaking that in. 🙈🙉🙊

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Last update before the New Year..

With everything going on in the world today, it’s not easy to get filament supplies, I had ordered 6 colour rolls back on the 19th. and got a partial delivery and both rolls of black filament were not in the odrer.(Out of stock.)

I ordered 6 rolls of black in the UK and it too is been held up due to covid, everyone is on a Feckin go slow, I only have two black rolls in my stock and can’t start the rebuild till I have at least 6 or more, the last thing I need is to interrupt the printing because of filament shortages.

I’ve got the first section redesigned and ready to go, (Mark 4), I want to go slowly because the 3 previous models all failed on the upright column, this is not going to happen again.

The previous lamps were made in two half’s, with the column base stuck into the ground and the top half assembled first then hoisted into position afterwards. (Bad idea)

Light pole.JPG click to enlarge

But this time I’ll be assembling it piece by piece, just like “Lego”, adding bits to the existing column as it goes up till it’s a completed lamp, but I won’t have it in working order till after Christmas, some technical issues still to be resolved.
Ted can’t see his ball in the air properly with the lamp missing.. :(

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Ted can’t see his ball in the air properly with the lamp missing..
Till you get your lamp completed, maybe Ted could use one of these.

Premium-Pathfinder-Cree-LED-Multifunction-Headlamp-with-Adjustable-Zoom-Settings-and-Safety-Strobe-Super-Bright-Tactical-Head-Light-for-Camping-Fishing-Biking-Dog-Walking-Reading-in-the-Dark-Excellent-0-4.jpg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You could use your 3D printer and print one but that's the problem. No filament. :idunno

I'd rather you wear the light and Ted falls in a hole. You might break your arse. Ted would just dig until he reached the other side of the planet, which would either be the Indian Ocean if he digs straight , or, Papatowai, Otago, New Zealand if he's a little cockeyed. 🤪

https://www.geodatos.net/en/antipodes/ireland/wicklow

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
More updates...
I have only now started back on my Lamp standard in earnest, I tried having a go at it well before Christmas but I had an issue with my Auld CR-10 and in attempt to fix it, I balls up the new CR-10 and broke a part in the extruder nozzle unit on that one..

With the two printers down I was kept from pulling my hair out with my Little KP3 printer, and it help me stay sane by printing a few bits for the house management, but I stayed at it and got both printers functioning again with some encouragement from @Redbrickman.

I made the first piece to join with the up-right column and found it wasn’t going to work the way I planned, so I made a completely new piece that fits better and is more stable and it will marry with the piece that didn’t fit first time round.
P1010893.jpg First section 300 mm high.. (Made before the crash) P1010904.jpg This is the new piece and the same again.. P1010905.jpg It's also 300mm high
I’ve post a few more photos on the next few sections I’ve make in the next few days, because these pieces have to be strong they each take about 3 day to complete the second piece was made over 3 days in the Christmas and Stephens day period..

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
If that ever breaks then it will be because a Tornado hit Ireland :)

Looks pretty strong :thumbsup

Latest posts