Something strange with Epson R3000 + installing under Mac/Snow Leopard

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
It's obvious that it's a bug in the current version of the driver. The version of SL 10.6.8 (kernel wise) is similar to Lion and as you know with every new version of OSX it's the possibility to come across some bugs. Are you using the latest firmware version AS27B4? It looks like they updated the firmware during OSX 10.6.8 DP version.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Today I updated to driver version 8.61 (the older was: 8.36) and the problem seems to been solved.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Did you get your refillable cartridges yet?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
No, I should have them beginning next week. I will post the pictures as soon as possible.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
pharmacist said:
Today I updated to driver version 8.61 (the older was: 8.36) and the problem seems to been solved.
Glad your problem is solved.

AR

markmonty

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If anyone can shed some light on a problem I'm having with my epson pro 3800 printer. I've started switching over to the remanufactured inks in order to save $$$ and once you get the chip from the old Epson Cartridge and put it on the non-epson cartridge it seem to work fine. 2 weeks ago though I was getting low on 2 inks (about 4% left) so I switched them out with 2 more non-epson cartridges using the same chips and they registered on the printer "no ink cartridge" on #7, 8, 9. They are all full and I cleaned the chips to make sure no oils, etc..I've been on the phones with Tech. support although I didn't say I replaced the cartridges with a non-epson cartridge, and I ended up getting 2 replacements from Epson and sent the other 2 non-epson cartridges back to were I bought them for credit. Anyway it's been a nightmare not getting any results from anyone on how to get my printer to read that they are full cartridges. The 3 just blink saying "No ink cartridge"
I was told by epson to send it to my nearest epson tech, I live in a small town in Colorado and when I called the closest tech he said they would have to replace the logic board ($250.) or the print head ($450) or both and he couldn't do it there, it would have to be sent to the Epson factory. Shipping was over $100.............This has been going on for about 2 weeks and I feel like I'm ready to drop the printer off the bridge into the river.
Is there a way to reset the chips, so it will read on my printer. I've lost jobs because of this and feel like I'm just giving more $$$ to epson for nothing. I would be forever grateful to find a solution, Thanks for any suggestions. Would a chip resetter be of any use on the cartridge?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Markmonty, this thread is about the R3000 so maybe to avoid confusion you should start your own thread in this problem as it is different.
I was about to answer you as if you were asking about the R3000

I have two PRO 3800 printers. Both are running on 3rd party carts utilizing the original OEM chips UNDER the CONTROLLER chip.
If this the system you are using or is it the older one with the TWO TUNNING chips on two carts and the reset using OEM with the 4th contact taped over?

Other than some initial installation problems with the CONTROLLER chip's contacts pins not fully touching the OEM front contacts, all are running fine.

I do not know of ANY other system configuration other than the two I have listed.

From what I have read, you MUST NOT let your OEM chips fall bellow 15% or you will experience problems such as you are having.
I switched mine long before that and sucked upt the remaining inks from each cart to use on my R2400 refillables wich use the same inks.