Signs of the times...

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
"Supports" are vertical structures that go from the bed up, and that support "overhangs". They are then removed and discarded.

Bridging is when you can have material between two points horizontally.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Makes sense. Thanks, Rob.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
So, the white just bridged all that space where it was overhanging? YES
I am assuming the entire sign was printed in one session, not printed as two halves and then glued together.
The idea was to print the sign as one piece, that’s why I lowered the image down by .3 of a millimetre to insure both the border and the type were exactly at the same starting height.

I needed to extrude everything onto the hot-bed with no gaps, because the individual letters were placed on their own till the white filament overlay stuck everything together.

I was going to use bridging but decided to have a go without it, the gap between the edges of the lettering and the outside border was not that big and the nozzle seem to cope without any sagging at all.

The Nozzle was .4 and the temp was 208c and the bed was 44c, this was printed on the Ender 2 which also has a filament fan fitted (In house upgrade) because the CR-10 was also getting new upgrades fitted at the time...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The devil is in the details. Well done. :clap

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I believe they are VERY different:
I knew this would get me into trouble, what I was trying to say, support and bridging can mean the same loosely, but figuratively speaking they are completely different, in the real world they can mean the same thing in certain context.

When you are viewing a 3D model, support and bridging are just that, worlds apart if you want to be exact and I was only using the word loosely which meant I was in real trouble,it was dumb.. :oops:

Latest posts