Reset ink pad/page counter on epson l355

D

danielhaze

Look for a WicReset utility, resetting the waste ink counter comes with a charge, the software itself is free, and is distributed via several sites . You should not just reset the counter but replace the waste ink pad as well. I'm not familiar with the L355 but only with the L300 printer, there is a box accessible from the back of the printer, held with a screw at the read bottom edge. You can replace the ink pad with kitchen paper folded and pressed into this box. You can reset the counter as many times as necessary, I got beyond 55 000 pages with this type of model.

The WicReset utility is made by Epson??

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
No, they wouldn't give software with this functionality to their customers.
The maintenance utility is by Epson but they restrict the circulation to their service organisation and service providers, and there software leaks to the public, and other people try to make some money with it, or crack it.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The WicReset utility is made by Epson??
No, as @Ink stained Fingers pointed out it's nothing Epson would produce for the end-user. It's developed by a third party who are actively engaged in providing the tools.

Worth noting that it's not 100% functional in all ways and obviously there's going to be an element of firmware manipulation and game playing from the manufacturer so things may not work as hoped every time. That said we support and resell the keys as best we can for the waste ink side of things and there's proportionally, very few issues*

... I'll probably regret saying that now as Murphys Law will apply... :p

philippa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson
Anyone know of software for epson printers that will reset the page counter?

My printer says the ink pads need changing

Printer no longer in warranty and the epson shop near me say they won't do it because its too messy :S

Just curious, how many times did you refill this printer/how much use did you get before you got the ink pad warning? im interested to see how quickly the waste ink pads fill up compared to other non ecotank models