refilling using squeeze bottles - w/pics and video(new)

ruffin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 730
Binkie: You are missing the boat if you dont get the squeeze bottles and scabbards from Octoinkjet. Martin will sell you SquEasyFill bottles, either 100 ml or 250 ml size, complete with blunt needles and scabbards and appropriately color coded screw on caps. See the different sets here:

http://www.octoink.co.uk/categories/Refill-Tools%2fKits/SquEasyFill-Kits/

Or you can make up your own custom kits using components here:

http://www.octoink.co.uk/categories/Refill-Tools%2fKits/SquEasyFill-Custom-Kits/

You will need 2" needles for German Durchstich refill method.

Im located in the U.S. and shipping was $3 for 5 bottle set. Believe I also ordered extra needles with this shipment. Shipping took about 8 days from the U.K. Might add also that his web site has automatic currency conversion, so you will see pricing
in U.S. dollars. Very convenient detail I think. Here is a photo of my SquEasyFill bottles:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/uploads/4795_img_2203a.png

And here is a photo of the color coded caps with needles and scabbards:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/uploads/4795_img_2195.png

nhendrix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
This should help you. There are links to needles and tip caps on
that page too. I also am about to order. I believe if you call, they will give you
2 inch needles with the bottles. Hope this helps. -Nick

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
if had to do order again, i'd go with martin's SquEasyFill kits at

http://www.octoink.co.uk/categories/Refill-Tools%2fKits/SquEasyFill-Kits/

comes with all you need and at a lower price than i paid for through howard's

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printers: Canon MP830, IP4500, MX700
Method: German Durchstich Method
Ink: Hobbicolors
Misc: Squeeze bottles, needles, scabbards from Howard Electronics

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks to all about the Octoink SquEasyFill kits. I ordered the one for the Canon German filling method.

Binkie

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
I have bought the SquEasyFill bottles for canon refill (durchstich)

But it would be even better if one could refill empty refillable carts for epson with those bottles.
And for this purpose a simple plastic nozzle would be better than a needle.

I have found one which looks like it fits to luerlock
it is from precision colors ebay site, out of the set for refilling an epson printer, ebay item nr 140357385823
EpsonAdapterCloser.jpg

With this part the SqEasyFill bottles would be even more useful.
But the plastic nozzle must have a cap to seal the ink inside the bottle. Or at least you need a bottle cap without hole.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
martin0reg said:
I have bought the SquEasyFill bottles for canon refill (durchstich)

But it would be even better if one could refill empty refillable carts for epson with those bottles.
And for this purpose a simple plastic nozzle would be better than a needle.

...[snip]...

With this part the SqEasyFill bottles would be even more useful.
But the plastic nozzle must have a cap to seal the ink inside the bottle. Or at least you need a bottle cap without hole.
It's probably going to be a couple of months before I order in any new needles and the like from my supplier but they appear to have that sort of needle type and more importantly an airtight cap to go with it.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see about incorporating it in...

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
@websnail
Another simple idea: I will cut off the luerlock screw (the outer ring) from your luerlock caps.
- the needle (for canon "durchstich") will probably hold without luerlock
- without needle and without screw, just "luerslip", the end will fit in the hole of refillable cart (for my epson refillables)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
martin0reg said:
@websnail
Another simple idea: I will cut off the luerlock screw (the outer ring) from your luerlock caps.
- the needle (for canon "durchstich") will probably hold without luerlock
- without needle and without screw, just "luerslip", the end will fit in the hole of refillable cart (for my epson refillables)
That should work, but you might cut through the inner male luer if you aren't careful... So, definitely not something for the impatient :)

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
my $.02, since i started this thread. i have lots of experience in using both syringes and squeeze bottles. squeeze bottles are so much easier to refill, takes less time, almost at the point where i do not need gloves to refill. like most things in life, squeeze bottles takes a bit of practice, but after one or two times you'll be a pro. i have even used squeeze bottles to draw out ink from the sponge side or chamber side when needed.

i do refill over a flat container(see pics in post #1) in the event that there is a leak from the cartridge or bottle, but so far after a year or so, have been none.

i just sent a set of martin's SquEasyFill squeeze bottles to my daughter/son in law who are refilling their MP830, they accidentally knocked over an open bottle of ink when using syringes, squeeze bottles can help there too.

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printers: Canon MP830, IP4500, MX700
Method: German Durchstich Method
Ink: Hobbicolors
Misc: Squeeze bottles, needles, scabbards from Howard Electronics

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Got my SquEasyFill 100ml kit -x6 [Canon] and 6 extra needles from OctoInjet yesterday. Filled the bottles this morning and refilled two cartridges with the German method. What a joy! It was much quicker, less messy, and easier than with syringes. The needles are the perfect length (2 inches) for the German method and are thinner than those on my syringes making going through the sponge easier.

The cost was reasonable, less than twenty bucks, including air mail postage from England. Service was great with emails sent letting me know what was happening. I received the goods, undamaged, in about a week.

I want to thank those who encouraged me to get the SquEasyFill kit and encourage others to do the same. You will not be disappointed.

If you do place an order for the squeeze bottles, you might want to consider also ordering a bottle or two of Canon Compatible KMP Universal Black Pigment Ink. It's the best black pigment ink on the market and is unavailable through a United States distributor. Combining the order may save you some postage.

Binkie