refilling using squeeze bottles - w/pics and video(new)

joseph1949

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
To: Rob (Administrator)

Per: post #101 and 2)

In your statement 2) you said that you used two part epoxy on the cap and needle connection. You went on to say that you could no longer swap out needles because of the epoxy.

I may have a better method for you. Instead of using the epoxy you could use plumbers putty. You could place the putty where the lock connects to the cap and you could place putty where the needle and lock connect.

As for the cap and bottle connection you could use PTFE thread seal tape on the threads.

You can buy the putty and tape just about anywhere. Home Depot would be a good place to buy the material.

Note: Just to be clear here, the putty and tape should work equally well on syringes and squeeze bottles.

The next time you need to change/clean out a syringe or a squeeze bottle use the putty where it is needed, place distilled water in the bottle/syringe, wrap the threads with the tape, screw the cap onto the bottle, and squeeze water out of the needle. By doing this you will test for water leakage and remove any putty inside the needle.

If the putty/tape does not work it is a simple matter to remove the putty and the tape.

Thank you.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
On the subject of aluminium tape... As a rule you should have no problems with the tape adhering so long as the surface, you are sticking it to, is flat, clean and dry before you stick the tape down.

The benefit of this tape is that the adhesive will not break down or allow ink to penetrate between the surface... So if you refill say the top-fill hole, clean/dry the area around the hole and then stick the tape down firmly, you can up-end the cartridge and the ink will not escape...

That said I have not checked various manufacturers.. I do know my own roll is budget no-brand variety and is working excellently, as is the 3M roll I used until it ran out a year ago..