Refillable carts or CISS for WF-3720

Bornloser

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-3720 / Epson Artisan
Just recently purchased a New WF-3720 printer that uses #702 carts. I have looked all over for refillables or CISS. Can't find them anywhere. Any ideas? Maybe something else is compatible? I have refillables for my Artisan 837 and love them. What money savers! How about refilling the OEM's? Is it possible? Thanks.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It would help if you stated your general location, such as what country you are in.

A Google search brought up several OEM refilled or compatible cartridges for your printer. I did not read much but it appears there are lower cost alternatives to OEM new in the USA.

An example of remanufactured filled OEM cartridges here. Have no idea the quality of these cartridges or this company.

Bornloser

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thank you. I'm in the US. I followed your link for the carts. I must say that they are pretty expensive. I purchased a set of compatibles for quite a bit less. I would still like to find some empty refillables. I have a few bottles of my own ink that I can use. Or maybe I can find instructions to refill the OEM's.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Did you try Google? The link I posted was not the only web site I found in my quick Google search. You will also find refill supplies for your printer on AliExpress out of China. I cannot comment on the quality of the products for your printer from there.

You may be forging new territory here with your printer. Please report your results so we may all benefit from your experiences.

Bornloser

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I Googled like crazy and found no refillables for the 702 cartridge. That is why I purchased compatibles. Do I really want to buy from China? I did it one time and waited 3 months to receive my item. Like I said, I have the refill supplies. Just need the empty carts.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The new reality is that for most desktop printers, ARC type or resettable chips are HISTORY. There are one time chips available. However, for Epsons, you must change the chip for each cart.You might be able to find hacked firmware to make the printer chipfree but when you run out of ink on a small desktop and the printhead gets air, you'll be swearing.
GONE and I repeat GONE, finally are the old days of just buying any old printer and expect that you will be able to get refilling supplies.
Expect the same for when the Maxify is replaced.

Going forward, Epson and Canon wants the money up front, in cheap tank printers priced high. When they get their money up front for a printer, then you are free to do anything with it, thereafter. If they sell you an inexpensive printer up front, they need the back end profit on ink to make up for it.

Chip makes have also wised up as well.

The new reality.....Now isn't this what everybody said they preferred?

Bornloser

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks all. I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll experiment with refilling the OEM's or compatibles when empty.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Notice the cost of the chip is about the same as a new cart? Why bother switching chips and fiddle. Then there are prefilled units for less than the cost of one cart.

Why bother with refilling when for pretty much the cost of the chip you can get these.

https://www.amazon.ca/OCProducts-Remanufactured-Cartridge-Workforce-WF-3720/dp/B07CJ6CMNM/ref=sr_1_9?gclid=CjwKCAjwq4fsBRBnEiwANTahcHx9rW0CLaZXP1BhPSeYOF6KQa3OqddneX5XNbwwdcnCGuSE0e6jTBoC2CAQAvD_BwE&hvadid=267206139289&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9000794&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=b&hvrand=4430001255562081031&hvtargid=aud-748921816227:kwd-713320595&hydadcr=13178_10105974&keywords=t702&qid=1568828363&s=gateway&sr=8-9

Also notice the wording on the listing for the Amazon site. These are not true remanufactured. they are likely copies BUT what you need to pay attention to "Recent Firmware Update version CL1319 released 02/18/19 might block the use of our cartridges."

My current advice is for those wanting economical printing, and cannot find a model that is not targeted with firmware wars, and want something new, is to go with a tank printer of some sort. Pay the money up front. On Canon models, we can bypass the chip and accept higher ink consumption and a shorter printer life. Not the best solution but a solution nonethess. I just finalized the PHOTOBLUE ink for the newer CLI-281 series. Now people with these new 6 tank models will have a really good photoblue alternative.

Last edited:

soysauce

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP&WF, HP DJ, Canon MG
I agree that tank printers are becoming a better option for economical printing. Refilling a tank is easy and inexpensive, even using the OEM ink.

For those still interested in refilling cartridges, last July I posted a list of all the refillable cartridges currently available for currently available Epson printers, including prices, compatible printers, and whether the chips are single-use or ARC. The only ARC cartridges on the list were Epson numbers 60, 277, 3240-3249, and 7601-7609. However there are also some re-settable chip CISS systems such as for Epson 220, and 288.
See the full list at:
https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...pson-refillable-cartridges.13322/#post-115610