1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Assistance needed - Epson 1430 sudden complete clogging or air in print heads
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Refillable carts or CISS for WF-3720

Discussion in 'Epson InkJet Printers' started by Bornloser, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:54 PM.

1. Sep 11, 2019 at 6:54 PM
    Bornloser

Bornloser Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    Epson WF-3720 / Epson Artisan
    Just recently purchased a New WF-3720 printer that uses #702 carts. I have looked all over for refillables or CISS. Can't find them anywhere. Any ideas? Maybe something else is compatible? I have refillables for my Artisan 837 and love them. What money savers! How about refilling the OEM's? Is it possible? Thanks.

2. Sep 11, 2019 at 8:31 PM
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    It would help if you stated your general location, such as what country you are in.

A Google search brought up several OEM refilled or compatible cartridges for your printer. I did not read much but it appears there are lower cost alternatives to OEM new in the USA.

An example of remanufactured filled OEM cartridges here. Have no idea the quality of these cartridges or this company.

The Hat likes this.
  3. Sep 12, 2019 at 1:49 PM
    Bornloser

Bornloser Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    Thank you. I'm in the US. I followed your link for the carts. I must say that they are pretty expensive. I purchased a set of compatibles for quite a bit less. I would still like to find some empty refillables. I have a few bottles of my own ink that I can use. Or maybe I can find instructions to refill the OEM's.

4. Sep 12, 2019 at 1:56 PM
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Did you try Google? The link I posted was not the only web site I found in my quick Google search. You will also find refill supplies for your printer on AliExpress out of China. I cannot comment on the quality of the products for your printer from there.

You may be forging new territory here with your printer. Please report your results so we may all benefit from your experiences.

5. Sep 12, 2019 at 2:04 PM
    Bornloser

Bornloser Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    I Googled like crazy and found no refillables for the 702 cartridge. That is why I purchased compatibles. Do I really want to buy from China? I did it one time and waited 3 months to receive my item. Like I said, I have the refill supplies. Just need the empty carts.

6. Sep 12, 2019 at 2:16 PM
    mikling

mikling Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

The new reality is that for most desktop printers, ARC type or resettable chips are HISTORY. There are one time chips available. However, for Epsons, you must change the chip for each cart.You might be able to find hacked firmware to make the printer chipfree but when you run out of ink on a small desktop and the printhead gets air, you'll be swearing.
    GONE and I repeat GONE, finally are the old days of just buying any old printer and expect that you will be able to get refilling supplies.
    Expect the same for when the Maxify is replaced.

Going forward, Epson and Canon wants the money up front, in cheap tank printers priced high. When they get their money up front for a printer, then you are free to do anything with it, thereafter. If they sell you an inexpensive printer up front, they need the back end profit on ink to make up for it.

Chip makes have also wised up as well.

The new reality.....Now isn't this what everybody said they preferred?

7. Sep 12, 2019 at 2:27 PM
    Bornloser

Bornloser Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    Thanks all. I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll experiment with refilling the OEM's or compatibles when empty.