R280 prints great on paper; on CDs; not so much.

ctjayhawker

New Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Photo R280
Hi, All!

OK, I am in possession a StylusPhoto R280, just bought new from a local seller. Still had brand new Epson ink in it. After a couple cleanings, it prints dandy. On paper. For some reason, when I print a DVD, the colors don't print right; it very much favors magenta over everything else. I printed a text image in which I had altered the color of a few characters to light blue; it printed those characters as faded pink. I printed a shiny chrome-y movie logo---it came out fuzzy fuchsia. Any ideas?
o_O

Addendum: just tried another one consisting of an image of all-black text. Came out looking like I took my glasses off to look at it. >:-( HELP!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The printable surface of the disk determines the color fidelity and resolution (text) in conjunction with the printer and ink used. I have not used an Epson for printing, but, Paper Type Setting may also alter the results. Additionally, even though you are using a "new" R280, the age of the inks as well as exposure of the inks to the environment may also alter performance.

• How old are the inks???
  • Post the printer settings used when printing the disks.
  • What make and model of disks are you using? Best if you also post a link where you purchased them.
  • Post scanned and cropped images of the disks so we can see your results.
  • Post a scanned, cropped image of your nozzle check.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
@ctjayhawker Printable disks have a coating much like the one used on photo papers. So how does your printer print photos? Perfectly or with the same errors as when printing on disks?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
  • How old are the inks???
  • Post the printer settings used when printing the disks.
  • What make and model of disks are you using? Best if you also post a link where you purchased them.
  • Post scanned and cropped images of the disks so we can see your results.
  • Post a scanned, cropped image of your nozzle check.
@ctjayhawker, This information would certainly help….:hu