Problems and Service Mode Tricks with Canon Pixma Pro-1

swisscow

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Holy moly!

Inspired by @real-nowhere-man I spent again some time with my 6700-sick Pro-1 again and managed to get into service mode, set the time and get rid of the error 6700! My printer is fully functional and is printing lovely photos again! :)

The two points which I did wrong at first:
  • As correctly stated by @real-nowhere-man above, the service mode is entered by 5 resume button presses!! With 4 button presses we get into another special mode which, however, is not the service mode! (It looks like the mode you can get in with 4 button presses is a mode which is not caring about time, i.e. with 4 button presses you can have the printer go through its initial routine even if it's 6700-sick)
  • The second problem that I had was that I was always just using the service tool v5103. When I switched to v3400 it worked!
Thanks a lot again, @real-nowhere-man, for your inspiration!

PS: Since I spent now much time with the 3 Pro-1 printers I have, I'm planning on adding a new post about all my learnings/findings also including some photos. Hopefully I'll get to that soon!

swisscow

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
As mentioned above, I have now written down my learnings and findings about the PRO-1 in this post here. It also contains a series of photos on how to dismantle the PRO-1.