Problem printing on heavy paper with Canon Pixma

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am the only one that uses my computer and I have windows XP Home...I'll read up how to sign on as administrator. I have never had a problem before...thanks

d86cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
OK, you have to do it from the printers folder, not from within any program ur using:

My Computer > Control Pannel > Printers & Faxes > right click and select printing preferences then the last tab > then ok it all

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi, thanks to all of you. That worked and the paper fed through just fine. I did get a message that the print quality might suffer. These are scrapbook pages and the first one was a Christmas one...the holly is a much brighter green than it should be. The flesh tones are good though. Could this be because I changed this setting, or something wrong with my ink?

d86cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Because the head is lifted slightly it sprays the ink from further away than it should. Now its quite interesting that the paper now feeds, i only used this setting because the head was actually rubbing on the paper as it passed. It doesnt do anything to the paper feed mechanism - give it another go, reverting the setting back to normal.

Regs,

D

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Regs, I reverted it back and now the paper will not feed. There must be something wrong with this printer. The bad thing is, it has been used so little. The first prints that I made [when it fed the paper] were really nice too.

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
o.k. I spoke too soon. I just changed it back again and the paper will not feed.

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Damn, ok, its a very strange one, i cant see why it would work sometimes and not others. It cant be that something has worn out if its had little use. Keep an eye on the paper, does it bounce upwards when it tries to feed it? How many sheets do u have in the feeder when your trying to print, have you tried filling it nearly full with plain paper then putting the photopaper on top and seing if it will feed then. Also, the other way round, completely empty and 1 bit of paper.

Regs,

D

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Regs, yes the paper bounces when it tries to feed, then the power light flashes green and orange. I tried it nearly full of plain paper and one sheet of photo paper on top and it still would not feed. When I reversed the procedure it did feed the plain paper. This is still with it in the mode to "prevent paper abrasion".

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Try softly resting your hand on the top of the paper, see if it will feed then. just trying to narrow it down to a specific component.......

Regs,

D