Problem printing on heavy paper with Canon Pixma

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes it does feed then

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
OK, all i can think is that for some reason the printer is being too forcefull when its trying to load the paper hence the causing it to bounce up. I cant really thing of a way to stop the paper from bouncing. Have you tried with about 5 sheets of photopaper in there ontop of about 50 sheets of plain - my theory being the photopaper usually likes to cling together, maybe this will shop it bouncing as the printer tries to grab it.....

Regs,

D

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Regs, thanks I will try that.

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Kewl, keep me informed as to how it works out.

Regs,

D

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Another thought - try turning the paper over so the roller can grip the rougher edge, if it works then the roller could have worn smooth or got something on it? Or maybe gone hard through lack of use?

Regs,

D

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks Reg, I had previously turned the paper over and still had a problem. I just now tried red River Klondike that is a 66lb Satin and it is printing. Of course it may not the next time. Right now I have the setting back to normal...just strange.

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, I have printed about 12 sheets with the Red River satin paper and so far everything is great. Now I don't know what to do about the reburnished printer that Canon is sending..probably will get it tomorrow. I still can't get this one to print on the heavier matte paper. Any opinions would be appreciated.

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
very odd indeed - do you know what 66lb is in its gsm equivilent?

Everyone seems to rate Red River paper quite highly, its not a brand i've ever heard of in the UK.....

Regs,

D

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Regs, sorry I don't know that. I have used Red River paper for about 7 years and it is great. The one I have used most is Ultra Pro Gloss...their Polar Is great too.