Pro9500 Mark II

thecoffeeboss

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9500 Mark II
Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker here for over 10 years and have really benefitted from your expansive knowledge. So thank you!

I just picked up a used Pro9500 Mark II for $70. Physically in very good order. Not showing much signs of wear, and the previous owner says it was just used for personal use.

I am getting a B200 error (VH monitor error). In addition, W10 Driver installation will not detect the printer on 2 different PCs.

I am technically capable, and am considering replacing the main board and the print head.

So my question is, is it worth the $200 it will cost for a used mainboard and refurb printhead?

Are refurb printheads a total crapshoot?

Are there still genuine new printheads floating around somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am technically capable, and am considering replacing the main board and the print head.
Hi Scott, the only thing wrong with the printer is an electrically damaged print head, and there’s no need to replace anything else, but the conundrum you face is acquiring a brand new print head. !
Are refurb printheads a total crapshoot?
Are there still genuine new printheads floating around somewhere?
All print heads for sale on EBay are refurbished and are damaged in some way as to render them totally useless for any sort of quality printing and a total waste of your time and money. Scarcely available from a private owner..

I reckon your best bet would be to get your money back before you end up spending any more on this wonderful and now useless printer, try sourcing a second hand Pro 10 as the better alternative..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Hi Scott. Welcome to the forum. :)

In all likelihood, you shouldn't need tp replace the logic board because error B200 would disappear installing a new printhead.
Problem is, as you say, finding a genuinely new printhead. Refurbished units from China are a lottery with very few chances of winning. Of course, in many cases you would be reimbursed after complaining to the vendor but IMHO isn't worth the hassle and frustration involved.
The sofware problem with W10 probably isn't difficult to fix. There're several Pro9500 users in this forum who will be able to help you installing the driver.

Oops.. .@the Hat was faster again. :D

Last edited:

thecoffeeboss

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9500 Mark II
Thank you @The Hat and @Artur5.

I will hunt around to see if any of the Canon service centres in Australia might have a few print head.

I will see if the seller is cooperative.

I just ordered a bunch of ink for the pgi9 cartridges, will it be right for the pro10 cartridges?

With the drivers, I appreciate any advice. I get to the point where it says to plug in the printer and turn it on, but it never detects it. Windows did detect it, and it appears in the printer device list, but with "no printer driver" message.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I just ordered a bunch of ink for the pgi9 cartridges, will it be right for the pro10 cartridges?
I know someone else in Auzz looking for a print head too, the PGl-9 carts will work in a Pro 10, but the chips wont, the colours maybe a bit off but that’s easy fixed, I’m running Win 8.1 without problems and 10 should be the same.

One way to resolve the driver issue is to let the O/S do the installing not Canon, plug in the printer and turn it on and just leave the computer to find the printer itself, it may take a bit of time, even several days, but you know how finicky Window can get..

Latest posts