Pro 10s magenta

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
This goes away whit cleaning cycle but comes back after printing only one photo by me...other 9 inks are ok yes...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I observed this today
What is going on with the Magenta overspray, both on the right edge of the horizontal swath and on the right side edge of several vertical black bars?

Also, the vertical length of overspray of Magenta on the vertical black bars seems to correspond to the vertical length of the defect in the Magenta horizontal swath. Interesting.

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
i think its the cartridge fault not the ink?

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
i think its the cartridge fault not the ink?

IMO 99% the ink.
Those cartridges seldom fail by design.
Pigment deposit on the outlet maze is the only reason I could imagine (and that's caused by the ink too).
You could try to rinse a cartridge (with demineralised water and evt some isopropanol aka "pharmacist solution") but I don't give it much chance.
If the problem persists even after switching to another ink, I would rinse the printhead to remove the accumulated cloggs.
Again, in my long experience with PRO 9500 this seldom is needed (only after experimenting with inks ;)) .

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
Ok il get an OEM cart ink magenta and stay on octo or full migrate to USA PC SE inks?
Flushing the card helped a bit but not to get to 100%
So the cards are caput also for refiling and need to buy a new OEM set?

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Those cartridges seldom fail by design.
+100%
If a PGl-72 carts is not delivering sufficient ink for a proper nozzle check then it will not provide adequate ink for photo printing either, to flush a cart properly you need to inject your cleaning solution into the cart and then draw it out again at least10 times. (In, out)

To refill a cart you need again to inject 2 ml of ink into the cart, then give the cart a good shake and then remove that ink and dispose of it, now your rejuvenated cart is ready to refill, I store all my carts outlet side up, orange clip on top, and also air cant not travel from the cart to the print head.. (That’s impossible by design)

P.S. It is taught by the experts that upside storage will allow the sponge to dry out, on the contrary, the one thing that it does stop is the pigment particles settling and lodging in the sponge over time… (I use PGl-9 carts mostly)

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Ok il get an OEM cart ink magenta and stay on octo or full migrate to USA PC SE inks?
Flushing the card helped a bit but not to get to 100%
So the cards are caput also for refiling and need to buy a new OEM set?

@Borut , you can flush the carts as @The Hat explained very detailed and 100% true.

I will store my carts upside down from now on ;).

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
+100%
If a PGl-72 carts is not delivering sufficient ink for a proper nozzle check then it will not provide adequate ink for photo printing either, to flush a cart properly you need to inject your cleaning solution into the cart and then draw it out again at least10 times. (In, out)

To refill a cart you need again to inject 2 ml of ink into the cart, then give the cart a good shake and then remove that ink and dispose of it, now your rejuvenated cart is ready to refill, I store all my carts outlet side up, orange clip on top, and also air cant not travel from the cart to the print head.. (That’s impossible by design)

P.S. It is taught by the experts that upside storage will allow the sponge to dry out, on the contrary, the one thing that it does stop is the pigment particles settling and lodging in the sponge over time… (I use PGl-9 carts mostly)

Thx This did actualy work to restore nozzle.As you say did inkjekt cleaning solution 10 times in and out.
Then magenta ink 2 ml in good shake and i dispose of that ink.Then fresh refil whit magenta ink.

Now i wonder if this will work whit octo pgi 72 magenta ink or it will happen again in time?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I’m with @palombian. It must be this particular magenta ink, not the carts.
In this forum with a very limited number of Pro10 owners, three of them (@palombian, @Borut and myself ) have reported the same issue with the same ink in less than one year. So far, none of the other 9 inks have been troublesome at all ( correct me if I’m wrong @palombian and @Borut ). I don’t think that storing the carts upside down or not would have made any difference in this case, not unless you leaved them untouched for a long time, meaning at least one year.

Latest posts