Pro 1 Maintenance tank Up-date.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Brian, did you try disconnecting the power source from the printer and reconnecting it again after a few minutes? How about entering service mode?

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
What a tragedy when you dismantled the printer is it possible any sensors were disturbed? or electrical connections not back in correctly.

Would it worth retracing your steps removing the drain pipe and re-assembling ?. A lot of work I know but I would suspect Canon have incorporated something in the system if the printer is opened up and modified in any way.

Good luck anyway if anybody on this Forum deserves success it is you.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
He He guys just keep them coming, its always good to have a laugh. :lol:
rodbam said:
Hat can't you blame the manufacturer of the ink potty & his poor instructions for causing the problem?
I think he should pay all the costs.
I tried that one already but all they could provide me with was extra toilet paper. :fl
stratman said:
Target practice.
Ah yes but I dont have an Elephant gun.. :woot

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Tudor said:
Brian, did you try disconnecting the power source from the printer and reconnecting it again after a few minutes? How about entering service mode?
barfl2 said:
What a tragedy when you dismantled the printer is it possible any sensors were disturbed? or electrical connections not back in correctly.

Would it worth retracing your steps removing the drain pipe and re-assembling ?. A lot of work I know but I would suspect Canon have incorporated something in the system if the printer is opened up and modified in any way.

Good luck anyway if anybody on this Forum deserves it it is you.
All your suggestion are greatly appreciated so keep them coming and I will try each one I receive, anything is possible at this stage, even a miracle...:hide

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
rodbam said:
Hat can't you blame the manufacturer of the ink potty & his poor instructions for causing the problem? I think he should pay all the costs.
You could try but I suspect there's a slew of reasons why this might not work out as planned:

1. It's an Epson product
2. It's Brians own silly fault for being such a complete goof ball as to pull apart such an expensive printer in the first place.

... BUT we all know the legal system is designed such that nobody takes responsibility for their own actions, just everyone elses... SO..

3. I've naff all money anyway so it would be a somewhat moot exercise.

I think the expression is... Thpppppttttttttt* :p

*Professional printer ink term that imbues responsibility, empathy for the problem and not a lot else ;)

Oh and Brian:
It wasnt me and you cant prove a thing..
The defence calls Mrs Hat to the stand as a witness...

Defence rests m'lud ;)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
barfl2 said:

My money is on this as well but identifying exactly what has changed, disconnected, jogged, etc... is going to be the proverbial nightmare... Something for a day when you have nothing better to do I suspect.

Good luck anyway if anybody on this Forum deserves it it is you.
Ouch!! I'm not sure if that was a compliment but I'm almost succeeding in not laughing ;)

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
websnail Thanks for pointing out my unfortunate turn of phrase. amended post Should have read (deserves success it is you)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
OK an Update..

Another three attempts at undressing this brute over the past few days has failed to turn up anything out of the ordinary nor have I been able locate this elusive faulty sensor.

I have pulled this thing apart now about eight times at this stage, I think my eye are beginning to glaze over i.e. what the hell am I supposes to be looking for, I have lost count of how many things I have double checked and refitted at this stage.

At the end of the day this is just a simple stupid error and its becoming impossible to find something that obvious now, I might as well give up for a couple of weeks and it may come back to me..

Fixture Results:- Printer won, Ive lost again..:barnie

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The Final countdown

After extensive reading up and searching for an answer to my mysterious error,
I found nothing that would get me out of jail and back in the game again.

I was aware of what could happen and decided to tackle the waste ink issue sooner rather than later, I did so very carefully step by step from the manual and even that was not enough and it still bit me in the ass. Ouch

There is no technical support given or available from Canon for this type of error once you have opened the cover of your printer, you're entirely on your own and the warrantee is void.

Removing the waste ink tank is too big of an undertaking for the owner to handle themselves without the possibility of something simple going wrong, so it will require a trip back to a Service Centre for that.

I have decided Im just going to have to dump it and walk away and get something better
because I am not prepared right now to fork out about 50% of the cost of the printer on repairs.

There are still no quality 3rd party inks available for the printer, no resetter or ARC chips plus the time bomb of the waste ink tank is also still ticking.

So something like the Pro 9500 will be a good replacement because it has everything going for it with its good proven track record, or possibility even an Epson (Bite my lip).

Trying to run it without ink monitoring as I have had to do, tends to fill up the waste ink tank rather to quickly, so its a no win situation without the use of 3rd party help and supplies.

I reckon the biggest mistake I made was getting this printer in the first place and as pharmacist quite rightly pointed out way back in thread #4, that the printer didnt have a easy removable maintenance cartridge.

The only faults I can find with this printer is its huge purchase price and namely its manufacturer, its a great photo printer but it needs to be run on proper OEM photo paper and inks to get the best from it, and I reckon only suitable for the professional photography market.

Final words:-

Its now been used as a storage area and I even have the 7250 printer stacked on top of it along with a couple of reams of paper, so its now confined to history and maybe down the road I might try stratmans suggestion on it in post #20..

iaiconjenny

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
I am so happy I bought the Epson R3000 instead: external waste ink tank, refillable and resettable cartridges/CISS and same print quality with less cartridges, so less refill ink to buy.

Legislation should be endorsed to force printer manufacturers to install a end-user removable maintenance cartridge on printers starting from A3+. Now even spoiled and wasted ink is a source of profit for these manufacturers.
:):)