Pro 1 Maintenance tank Up-date.

William Bean

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/Pro-1
Hello,

I'm very late to the party but I wonder if you could tell me where you found the service manual for the Canon Pro-1? I have an error that Canon tells me requires a trip to the ACS but I don't really trust them.

Thanks.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi William and welcome to the forum.

Now I wouldn’t blame you for not trusting the Service Centre because once they their hands on your machine even if they don’t open it, they will charge for their expertise.

I can’t rightly recall where I get the manual from but it cost me $30, and another $20 for the parts manual, but I can remember that much.

What service error are you getting on your machine because that will tell you a lot about your problem and may help to resolve it, without having to lump the big heavy beast back to a Service Centre.

If it’s (5B00) LED lights blinking 7 times then it’s your Ink absorber tank that’s full and you’ll need to return the machine back to Canon for a new replacement, Ouch.

Here is a couple of sheets with Service errors and explanations..

Attachments

• Canon_Pro1_Service pages..pdf
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,089

PhotoPharma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1, canon pro 9500mk2
"With this method and the Canon service tool,"...

I've heard speak of this "Canon service tool" (aka support tool...) but I can't seem to locate it ANYWHERE!?

Is this like the yeti, or the unicorn? A mythical creature only heard about in tales told 'round the campfire? And, only findable if you truly believe?

Or, is it more like the poor dodo bird? Extict, and only found stuffed in a museum?

In other words, WHERE CAN I FIND THIS SILLY PROGRAM??

Thanks in advance!
Keith

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The Service Tool for any Canon printer is far from silly so when using it you have to be very careful and know precisely what you want it for, and how to go about using safely, the Service Tool can be destructive if use incorrectly. ! !

Version No. 3.32 will work in Win XP and V3.34 and V3.36 work with Win 7, there are none available for the Mac O/S.

PM me if you require one..

PhotoPharma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
I would love to PM you, if I could find the spot to do so... (that is to say, I need one, but how do I contact you directly)

And, I was looking at it for the potential of resetting the printer to factory defaults (i.e. reset the ink counter so that it reads my cartridges as new again on my Pro-1)... Any luck with finding resettable chips, or a chip resetter for the PGI-29 cartridges? I've let my MBK and PBK carts go too low, and now it wont even let me do a cleaning cycle :\.

Thanks again!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Click on "The Hat" on his last reply and then in the next small window click on "Start a Conversation"

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
First things first.
Just follow this to start ok..

Now setting the machine back to default won’t help you with your low ink dilemma.

Try holding onto the Resume button for 5 seconds for each of the ink tanks that are problematic, but only if you’re on the low ink warning will this help and you can then continue to print.

Anyway when you disable the ink monitoring the printer will usually run a cleaning cycle deliberately, just for devilment sake, and if the printer shows out of ink then it will stop working altogether till you replace the two offending ink tanks.

There is no chip redsetter available for this model printer and probably won’t be and the same goes for the ARC chips, but there are one time chips you can use and compatible ink tanks also..

PhotoPharma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks all... I figure the resetting wouldn't work :-\.

I found an auction of 72 mixed used cartridges on eBay for $25(usd)... Looked like a good mix that will keep me printing for a long time (found some aftermarket inks that appear to be pretty decent, but can't profile until I get my MBK replaced :-()

Thanks for the help again!

Keith

PS any good suggestions for making sure they're clean (not dried out, etc.)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi Keith, buying used ink tanks from eBay can be very hit and miss, most likely these carts have all given the low ink warning and the previous silly owner may have decided to replaced them because he was afraid to risk any damage to his print head. (Speculation)

If that’s the case then all the carts are perfectly safe to use because the carts are a sealed unit and the ink inside remains fresh as new and will never dry out.

If you use aftermarket inks just remember that it will take some time for that ink to actually get to the print head and onto your paper.

Because there is at least 18 ml of ink x 12 still left in the CISS tubing after installing the next cart, so you’ll have to wait some considerable time before accrete profiling is possible..

P.S. The low ink warning comes up when there is about 20 ml of ink still left inside these carts, I reckon the idea of that is to give the owner plenty of time to buy in more inks and not run out unexpectedly..

PhotoPharma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Ahhh good call on the ink in the tubing... Didn't realize it was that much!
Any good ways to purge the lines? (other than printing pages of solid colors...?)

Any idea where I should post to see if anyone is interested in a pro 9500mkII that needs some print head tlc, along with a few failed ciss systems?