Printing with the Canon 9000

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Having become all fired up about tweeking the Epson 3880 ( and somewhat spoiled) so now I have turned my attention to the 9000......after all I have some catching up to do what with Rod playing with Gloss Optimiser I'm having to throw myself on the good nature of the Saints of printing, though you have too keep it quiet! I don't want Rod finding out that I have enlisted your help!

So tweek options there are few (I think) , what is the answer to getting bolder colour from this machine?

Is it in the Develop stage, over saturate and hope for the best....additional software?

Cheers,

Andrew

Added:

How about we confine this thread to colour printing with the 9000.

Yet again jtoolman has nudged the vault door ajar and let out the subject of B&W printing with his post on bronzing on The Hats thread, so its OFF to a new thread ........woosH! :old

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I've never found the need to play with the colour preferences in the 9000 driver because with the calibration & profiling we can print pretty close to what we see on screen. I would imagine you are far better off bringing the saturation to where you want it on your screen & the 9000 will print the shot that way.
There are some colour sliders in the preferences & I think there's a box called "Vivid" you could tick.
Is this about trying to get more punchy colours on the igen3 papers?

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
rodbam said:
I've never found the need to play with the colour preferences in the 9000 driver because with the calibration & profiling we can print pretty close to what we see on screen. I would imagine you are far better off bringing the saturation to where you want it on your screen & the 9000 will print the shot that way.
There are some colour sliders in the preferences & I think there's a box called "Vivid" you could tick.
Is this about trying to get more punchy colours on the igen3 papers?
Sorry Rod I missed this one,

In a nutshell yes it is about getting more 'punch' out of matte paper full stop. Winding up the density of ink on the 3880 had (for me) an unwanted side effect. Because there is more ink on the paper it needs to be dried with care otherwise one gets just a tad more curl. the answer was to allow it to dry between two pieces of plain with some weight. It seems not to have any effect, but needs an overnighter to get dried enough.

I have been playing with the sliders, however, I may be missing something as it has the effect of switching off the no colour control.....or am I stuffing up somewhere?

How does one get a decent size image posted my attempt with the 'graffeti' was woeful?

Cheers,

Andrew

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
When color control is turned off at the drive, you cannot then use the sliders and viceversa. So i't really one or the other. You will have to not use an ICC profile from the Photoeditor side and just let the printer do the color controling.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I resize the image to 1000pixels on the long side on landscape & 900 on the long side in portrait.