Printing Various Size Photos to 8x10/Fill letter size AUTOMATICALLY?

vienna01

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922/Canon LBP6230dw
I have a great many photos/graphics [jpgs]of various sizes. If I use the photo app[PHOTO] that comes with WINDOWS 10 some print much smaller than desired [I prefer they all print as large as possible on letter sized paper -8x10 or larger].The PHOTO app says "fit to page" but it doesn't do that.
Of course I can open them using Photoshop Elements and adjust size but that is a lot of effort.
I don't have the skill to create a script or such.
Is there a way using the standard programs that come with WIN 10 that I can do this easily?
If not is there a program/app[ free or commercial] that will help me do this easily?

What I would like is:
Click on photo's file/open in some application, where I have previously selected the printer and printer settings.
Click on PRINT.
Get result. A print that is fills[or is at least 8x10] the 8.5 x11" paper without cropping.

Printer is Canon MX920
WIN 10 Anniversary Version

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
i hear about that software people says is great but also u can do the same with Photoshop and some templates so if u already have photoshop just looks for the template.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Have you tried the image printing software that came with the printer?

A print that is fills[or is at least 8x10] the 8.5 x11" paper without cropping.
Cropping may or may not occur depending on the dimensions of the image you are using. For instance, a 4"x5" image will make an 8"x10" magnified image without cropping because it is a simple doubling of the original dimensions. However, the typical photo picture sizes such as 3"x5" or 4"x6" or 5"x7" will need to be cropped in order to fill an 8"x10".

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
i have too much question on that, but i know something u can have a big file with poor quality and it won't be able to print in that size you need to see the dpi of the picture and divide by that number and will tells you the size of print with good quality but if the dpi is too low like 72 dpi you will need to put at least 240 but the size print will be reduce. again i will says too many question on this i want to know if is the same with picture of the cell phone and how to know which one have a good quality to work out. my project will be scrapbook-er for poor people so they can have their own book cheaper that in lab store in my country. they size i will learn about is "3x5" "4X6" "5X7" and 12x12

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Here is an interesting page on resolution (pixels) versus image print size (inches) ***

http://www.urban75.org/photos/print.html

*** Note the use of the very technical term "crap" and its definition at the bottom of the guide. ;)

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I don't like such tables very much, I don't think they take different viewing distances adequately into account, and necesssary sharpness depends on the image contents. Blocky and pixelated printouts won't happen with the interpolation capabilities of Qimage. I'm printing posters with resolutions down to 25dpi if necessary, and people think they look good. So I'm pretty much out of the dpi game for poster prints.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
yeahh i read that this weekend. but something is confusing me is that a iphone cell phone with 13 mp good quality is and the weigth is 1 mb

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
that's the jpg compression creating smaller file sizes.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
I don't like such tables very much, I don't think they take different viewing distances adequately into account, and necesssary sharpness depends on the image contents. Blocky and pixelated printouts won't happen with the interpolation capabilities of Qimage. I'm printing posters with resolutions down to 25dpi if necessary, and people think they look good. So I'm pretty much out of the dpi game for poster prints.

now you got my attentions so u telling me people that don't have any concept of take photo with good quality anyway i will be able to print they good no matters that are 12 x 12 with a resolutions of 25 dpi ????