Printerknowlede Photo Contest

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
OK, I do have some purty pictures, but they don't stand a chance compared to some of those already posted.

Here's a radiograph I posted of an HP564 cartridge with a bubble in the wall between chambers. From left to right you can see the ink chamber, the wall with bubble, the ink-filled grooves in the wall, and the sponges. On the lower left you can see the prism.

This cartridge is full and not actually airlocked, but I do have to take each cartridge out periodically and and tap it to dislodge a bubble so ink will flow into the sponge. Some of the cartridges have a small window through which I can watch bubbles fill the ink chamber.
R35_Y3_XLw_Bubble.jpg

Last edited:

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
OK, I do have some purty pictures, but they don't stand a chance compared to some of those already posted.

Here's a radiograph I posted of an HP564 cartridge with a bubble in the wall between chambers. From left to right you can see the ink chamber, the wall with bubble, the ink-filled grooves in the wall, and the sponges. On the lower left you can see the prism.

This cartridge is full and not actually airlocked, but I do have to take each cartridge out periodically and and tap it to dislodge a bubble so ink will flow into the sponge. Some of the cartridges have a small window through which I can watch bubbles fill the ink chamber.
View attachment 437
In order to deliver ink from the ink chamber, how else does air get into the sealed ink chamber except by drawing through the vent, through the sponge, and through the ink delivery slot, WITHOUT creating a bubble at that location?

Wayne

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
In order to deliver ink from the ink chamber, how else does air get into the sealed ink chamber except by drawing through the vent, through the sponge, and through the ink delivery slot, WITHOUT creating a bubble at that location?

Wayne
I'm sure I have also experienced ink flow problems due to an airlock in an ink cartridge: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-mp540-strange-magenta-inkflow-problem.6904/

The topic of this thread is photos, but I'm sure a new thread with the topic "Air locks in ink cartridges" would be an interesting discussion.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Alas we’re coming to the end of this thread today so I would like to thank all you guys new and old for contributing at least one of their photos to make up this varied and interesting collection. :pop

If by any chance you haven’t managed to get a photo on here well never mind I’ll stop pestering you as and from today onwards but there is still time just ONE DAY LEFT so come guys please just slip one in quick like. :duc

I have gotten notice from the powers that be, that because of my persistent canvassing I have been disqualified from the competition forth with and rightly so. :hide :hit

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I thought post 92 was a FERRARI for a second.

In post 96, what powers that be? Surely not, but then you have connections.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Emulator said:
I thought post 92 was a FERRARI for a second.
No better than that it’s the emblem of Wyoming… Yippy :ya
Wyoming.JPG

Emulator said:
In post 96, what powers that be? Surely not, but then you have connections.
When you get a horses head in your bed, it tend to get grab your (MY) attention... :fl :duc
Just kidding Rob ! :lol: :gig

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Not quite a Ferrari, but one HECK of a ride on the Hurricane Deck!
???

Mysterious photograph and a puzzling answer. Hmm! :pop