Printerknowlede Photo Contest

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the diversion from the purty pictures. Fortunately, this thread is almost done. :)
In order to deliver ink from the ink chamber, how else does air get into the sealed ink chamber except by drawing through the vent, through the sponge, and through the ink delivery slot, WITHOUT creating a bubble at that location?
Good question, Wayne. The air has to flow in one direction through a small hole, the ink in another. I don't know why, but sometimes air gets stuck in there and blocks ink flow -- or vice-versa. At least I think that's happening. The print head runs dry, then you remove the cartridge and give it a tap, and you can see a lot of ink flow into the sponge, that seems like a pretty good indication, don't you think?

Mikling once mentioned that at one point Canon added a little groove at the bottom of the opening to prevent the air lock. The only cartridges I have that I know that do this are an older design. Maybe the new ones are better? Not sure. They don't have windows.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
OK, I can't end the year without a picture. This is from Bryce Canyon National Park.
IMG_1506.JPG

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
OK, I can't end the year without a picture. This is from Bryce Canyon National Park.

Of all the canyons we saw on our various visits, I think Bryce was the most beautiful. The clear air, colours and long views to the horizon, (OK not in your picture) were the best.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Contest is over... now the hard part: Choosing a winner!

(Y'all keep yourselves busy chatting... this may take a while) ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Rob,
I’ll ride shotgun for you if things start to get rowdy.. :old :smack

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
First off, a HUGE "Thank You!" to everyone who participated in this contest. We hope everyone had some fun with it!

Well, it was really hard to find a winner for this contest! We had input from 3 different judges and the selections for favorites were very diverse due to the wonderful nature of the submissions.

We did finally find some consensus on one specific post, so the winner of our www.InkOwl.com $50 gift certificate is: @turbguy

... for his submissions, especially the one here: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/printerknowlede-photo-contest.8324/page-3#post-65659

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE...

We found that @PeterBJ had some great submissions here and here, so we're also awarding him with an additional www.InkOwl.com $50 gift certificate!

Thanks to all who participated and to www.InkOwl.com for supporting this contest & our community!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Well done everyone!

:thumbsup :clap :celebrate :ya :woot

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
First off, a HUGE "Thank You!" to everyone who participated in this contest. We hope everyone had some fun with it!

Well, it was really hard to find a winner for this contest! We had input from 3 different judges and the selections for favorites were very diverse due to the wonderful nature of the submissions.

We did finally find some consensus on one specific post, so the winner of our www.InkOwl.com $50 gift certificate is: @turbguy

... for his submissions, especially the one here: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/printerknowlede-photo-contest.8324/page-3#post-65659

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE...

We found that @PeterBJ had some great submissions here and here, so we're also awarding him with an additional www.InkOwl.com $50 gift certificate!

Thanks to all who participated and to www.InkOwl.com for supporting this contest & our community!

Well done guys, Worthy winners and Kudus to the site for making a second awards.

Maybe we can all try again nest year.

RS