Printerknowlede Photo Contest

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
fotofreek:

Except for a few that got lost in a move, I think I have all my negatives, slides and photos since a child, beginning with a Kodak Instamatic 126 back in the Sixties. I can recall the first pictures I took of my new puppy playing in the snow taken with my new camera that Christmas. That was a good time.

Are/were you a photographer by profession?

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
Thanks guys, for the compliments.
I like your photos, Fotofreek, especially the B/W ones.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Lucas28 - thanks for the compliment. Your winter scene was great!

Stratman - I'm an orthodontist and I've been retired for 15 years. I was stationed in the Tokyo area in the Air Force from Dec 58 to November 60, providing orthodontic treatment for military dependants. I wanted to buy an SLR with bellows and extension tubes to take close-up pix related to my work. I purchased a Topcon - similar to the Exacta, and with excellent optics. It came with a 58 mm 1.8f primary lens and I bought a 35mm and a 100 mm lens in addition. The Nikon SLR came out some time later, but I was very happy with the Topcon and didn't buy the Nikon. Having a hobby shop with a photo lab on base peaked my interest and lots of traveling in South East Asia, courtesy of the Air Force, got me interested in photography. I've always been a detail driven person, and the photographic medium was a great outlet. I worked with primarily B/W images and had a full darkroom built into my home for 35mm and 6x6 processing and printing. Finally gave up the darkroom with the advent of digital photography.

I did rack up credits for doing the photography for some publications, and I worked with a painter/sculptor to do his portfolios. Otherwise, it has just been pix of family and lots of photo shoots whereever I've wandered.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
thailand6.jpg thailand1.jpg thailand5.jpg

While in Thailand in 1960 my buddy and I had a driver take us from Bangkok to Ayutthaya, the former capital. We were on our way to visit the ruins that were the result of wars in the late 1700's when the Burmese sacked the city. The area was strewn with large broken buddhas, pagodas, and other structures. On our way we stopped to buy skewers of sugar cane chunks from a pretty young girl.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Here is a photo I took back in Christmas 96 when I had just gotten my first digital camera.

It was a Sony DFC -1 with a massive 640 x 480 Pixels, which was very acceptable at the time and all the critics said Digital, would never be as good or replace the film camera.:old

What was so remarkable about this camera was it would fit easy into your jeans pocket and was no bigger that a walkman, I still have this camera and it still works great but connects to the computer by a RS232 connection. :(

The Automobile Association need a helping hand so I couldn’t resist the temptation.. :p
AA.jpg

Now come on all you guys that have posted photos in your own threads, why not repost them here to add to the great collection already on display, or go out and take a photo right now and post that, so come on, you know you can.:thumbsup

:celebrateJust 3 DAYS LEFT.. :celebrate

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I remember a very early Sony digital camera that stored the images on a 1.44 MB diskette. Is the Sony DFC -1 one of these?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This was the very First Digital Camera that Sony produced hence the code DFC-1

It had 4MB built in memory and could hold 30 photos, and it could send images to a computer TV and a printer, this was real high tech at the time.

Sony Camera.jpg

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
The Hat has been selling this so hard, I feel I can't ignore his pitch any longer.

So here is my contribution:- A hoverfly at 5 paces

Hoverfly2.jpg

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
A photo from the New Forest local to me followed a engine from the annual Netley Marsh Steam rally. The next one is Argyle in Scotland finally an old Castle in Pembrokeshire, West Wales of which there are several.

Attachments

• DSCF0055.JPG
    DSCF0055.JPG
    466.5 KB · Views: 391
  • netleymarshsteamrally2005 021.jpg
    netleymarshsteamrally2005 021.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 372
  • argyle19a.jpg
    argyle19a.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 356
  • Wales2008 017.jpg
    Wales2008 017.jpg