Print page to prevent clogging of of print head ---Canon printers

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
sportflyer said:
Is there a simple color page I can prepare and use each week or two to prevent print head clogging without using too much ink? TKs
The printer takes care of it by itself. If you have clogs you need to replace your inks or your cartridges (or purge your cartridges if they are good quality).

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
The easiest and less ink wasting way is to run a nozzle check in your printer driver. Or leave your printer on 24 hours a day and never shut it down. This will keep your nozzles being purged periodically by the printer itself.

KnightCrawler

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Don't do any of those things...simply leave the printer plugged in and turned on and you shouldn't have any problems with clogging.

I've gone 6 months without printing and still printed a photograph flawlessly.

I assume you guys are using good ink like Canon's or Hobbicolors.

atlascopy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Sorry to disagree with all you posters but if you remove the cartridges from the printer you take the chance of killing the cartridges AND the print heads. I have experience with this and i can tell you for certain that leaving the cartridges IN the printer is best for long term storage.

I have taken printers out of storage after 2 years of storage and as long as the cartridges were still installed they worked just fine the first time. The printers that I had to spend days unclogging were the printers that had no cartridges installed even though the ink resouvours were covered.