Print page to prevent clogging of of print head ---Canon printers

sportflyer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is there a simple color page I can prepare and use each week or two to prevent print head clogging without using too much ink? TKs

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
"Each week or two"??? I tried this with my iP1300 and it's not enough. Now I'm doing DAILY prints (nozzle check 4x, maybe a clean or two) to be on the I'm-really-paranoid side of things.

IGExpandingPanda

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
sportflyer said:
Is there a simple color page I can prepare and use each week or two to prevent print head clogging without using too much ink? TKs
I've been meaning to look into this. I was looking though the numbers and it seems the worst ink waste are those users who only print just beyond every two weeks.

I don't have a suitable image for testing but if I were to propose a game plan it would be to take said document, print to a file, copy to the usb port in a cron event under windows.

Now if you are willing to press buttons, there are the diagnostics in service mode that use more ink.

sportflyer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
What do you do if you are traveling for a couple of weeks and can't print?

IGExpandingPanda

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
sportflyer said:
What do you do if you are traveling for a couple of weeks and can't print?
Store the printhead in a ziplock bag, shove it in the fridge with a moist cloth, printhead cap, and perhaps a dash of windex?

sportflyer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
With a Canon Printer, I suppose I have to store each ink well in its own plastic bag in addition to the print head ?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
sportflyer said:
With a Canon Printer, I suppose I have to store each ink well in its own plastic bag in addition to the print head ?
Yes :) any other printer too.

IGExpandingPanda

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
sportflyer said:
Well, if you kept the caps, this wouldn't be an issue. You could cap and bag the cartridges. You lose some ink taking out the printhead, like a gram or two IIRC.