Primera Disc Publisher Pro with Lexmark Ink Cartridges

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
@Edd I did a test print of Joe's barcode file when it was posted, and I still have the file on my computer in the download folder. I have attached it as a zip archive. See post #28 for proper size setting of the printer.

Attachments

• Primera Bravo Barcodes.zip
    857.1 KB · Views: 735
Last edited:

Edd

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera bravo ii, Epson 3880
Thanks for the quick reply Peter. The local copy shop had no card (you`re joking right..?) so I printed using a laser onto normal stock paper, added a few labels to the back for weight, trimmed and hey-presto it worked first time.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I'm glad it worked. Out of curiosity: Did you use a monochrome or colour laser printer? Infra red cameras and sensors are colour blind, so in theory a B/W laser printer should also be OK for the labels. Re infra red cameras see this and this.

Edd

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera bravo ii, Epson 3880
I used the colour laser at the local copy shop. I will print a B/W version and try it and report back tomorrow to see if the sensor likes it or not.

Ronaldmobil

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Disc Publisher II
Hi everybody,

some days ago I found an old Disc Publisher II for 200 €. It took some nights to make it run.

With all your advice, it's printing just now beside me using Lexmark cartridges, which you can get for about 10 € here. I had to breathe deeply into the cartridges to make the ink flow, but now it works.

Thank you for your advice and greetings from Germany

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Congratulations @Ronaldmobile your very welcome...;)

And who said Santa doesn’t do back orders... :lol:

ThorNatoth

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Bravo II
I have a file that contains templates with the bar codes for either cart # that you print out on heavy Matte paper with Pigment inks and after cutting them out they simply slip into the cart carriage compartment. Then you can just install a regular Lexmark 16 or 26 cart and you are on your way. You do not need to attach them to the actual carts. I've been using my Bravo II with those for ages.
I get them on EBAY for as cheap as $5 a piece. Beats the hell out of $40 - $50

OP, send me your email and I will send you the file.

Joe

-------

Would love to have that template! Can u send to my email?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
@ThorNatoth There is no need for jtoolman to look for the file and mail it to you. Just scroll up to post #31. The file is attached as a zip file.

rsuryase

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Where can I buy Lexmark refill kits that are as good as Precision Colors? The ones I got from ebay prints awful colors.

Last edited:

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
You can simply cut out the bar code templates and after cutting the alignment notches, you drop them in the correct orientation facing down into the cart carriage compartment. That way all you have to do is drop the cart in. The bar coded stays put. And by the way they MUST be printed in color. Even though the IR light doesn't technically "See" color.
Get your OEM Lexmark carts from Ebay CHEAP. I don't bother refilling them! Most inks available for refilling suck royally!
Trust me I've been doing this for the Bravo II for years!
Joe