Primera Disc Publisher Pro with Lexmark Ink Cartridges

justwondering

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera XR
Joe , crazy question , i currently only have a black and white mono printer , i was thinking , what if i copied a couple of the templates and set to the size of a regular photo print and had it printed at my local supermarket photo printer , would that be suitable , it would be glossy i imagine and a fairly good quality paper and ink ?!?! such as one of the Kodak type prints

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think the supermarket photo printer might be an ink jet printer using dye inks. It is easier to get an ink jet printer to produce brilliant glossy prints with dye inks than with pigment inks.

The reason for pigment inks being necessary to print the labels is that dye inks are transparent to infra red light and so are almost invisible to an infra red reader.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I don't really recall, other than it was the highest I could set it to. Make you it is not beyond the actual Optical Resolution of the scanner and the fake interpolated one.

Is the bar code and actual one made up of colored dots? Not the normal product bar code made up of Black Lines.

The position of the bar code would be underneath the cart facing down so it is read by the IR sensor.

Please take a picture of the cart you are referring to and post it here so I can let you know if it is the proper kind.

Thanks
Joe

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Joe , crazy question , i currently only have a black and white mono printer , i was thinking , what if i copied a couple of the templates and set to the size of a regular photo print and had it printed at my local supermarket photo printer , would that be suitable , it would be glossy i imagine and a fairly good quality paper and ink ?!?! such as one of the Kodak type prints

All I know is that it HAS to be either a COLOR laser or Color Pigment printer.
I used 90 pound matte paper and printed them on my Epson PRO 3800

As has been stated DYE printers will not work.
I am not sure what the self service printers use. It might be Dye Sublimation and I am not sure that will work.

If you know anyone with a color laser printer, just print it without changing the size of the image file I provided. In other words print it at 100%

Joe

justwondering

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera XR
All I know is that it HAS to be either a COLOR laser or Color Pigment printer.
I used 90 pound matte paper and printed them on my Epson PRO 3800

As has been stated DYE printers will not work.
I am not sure what the self service printers use. It might be Dye Sublimation and I am not sure that will work.

If you know anyone with a color laser printer, just print it without changing the size of the image file I provided. In other words print it at 100%

Joe
Thank you Joe, I have contacted my local staples and they have a suitable service, they use laser printer 90 matte paper.

So I shall use there service.

One thing I am wondering, if I take the jpg to staples I wonder if they would actually print it one to one for exact sizes, as there software might scale the image.

Perhaps cutting out a set of the black and colour cart print out nd pasting it into say a ms word document might be a good choice for me so as to achieve the exact dimensions required? As I imagine if I give them a word document they will simply just print

Paul

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Just tell them not to scale it in any way.
You really need to work directly from the JPG I provided. Pasting it on a Word Doc might change the scaling.

justwondering

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera XR
Hi Joe , For some reason after doing a test print on my b+w laser , the print outs are really big , i have a DTP package that can resize and cut out the image , based on a singular image with the text , bar code and cut out guide , in millimetres what size would it be height and width , i have already resized just the bar code on its on and i have the size right , but i am struggling with doing a actual resize of a single template for each of your pieces of work....sorry for all the questions .

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have done some test printing of these barcode labels using a Canon printer and plain paper. The test was only to determine the size of the printed labels. The .jpg file is treated as a photo by Windows when I right-click it and choose "print".

The size of the labels is dependent on the paper format chosen in the printer settings. When selecting Letter format the printed labels are 1" x 0.75". I guess this is the proper size of the labels?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
That's correct.
When one prints it out of a proper photo editing software and you chose to NOT resize, it automatically prints the little templates at the correct size.

To the OP. Maybe you should find someone who is a photo hobbyist or professional who can print this out for you on a good pigment ink photo printer.

Joe

Edd

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera bravo ii, Epson 3880
@jtoolman
I read the thread and would dearly love to be able to print out a little piece of trickery to allow me to use Lexmark carts in my Primea.
It looks like the file for the image of the barcode isn`t available in sendspace anymore..
Would it be possible to re-upload the file (or possibly send it via a message.)
All the Best