PrecisionColors ICC Profiles

graycbr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi guys
Just ordered a full colour kit from these PrecisionColors for my pro9500 .
Is there any ICC profiles for this ink ?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I've found that they were not required. It seems to be that good of a match to OEM.

dvdit

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Good to know. I have ordered some PrecisionColors and I will be using Canon own ICC profiles with Canon OEM glossy Photo Paper.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Actually I now provide ICC profiles for the fastidious ones. So yes, some are included...especially for Red River Papers. More will be added as time goes along.

jondave

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mikling said:
Actually I now provide ICC profiles for the fastidious ones. So yes, some are included...especially for Red River Papers. More will be added as time goes along.
Contrary to this, the profiles were no good for me. It might just be me, but I'm confused as some claim the profiles were good for them.

Anyhow, I created my own profiles. Day and night difference.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
sample_printspdf.jpg

Sometimes consumer printers can veer off quite a bit and if you experience this then you need a custom profile. An example is above, this one is veered off quite a bit and somebody at the factory or tech did not adjust the printer well.
Also consider that papers can vary quite a bit especially with the older Kirkland Professional Glossy from years ago. For me it varied by the store and thus probably batch.
So sometimes custom profiles specific to your printer is necessary if you really have to get it spot on.