Planning on getting the Pro 10 or Pro 100 ?

George in Georgia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100, Epson R1800
Thanks for the link to the printer potty instructions for the PRO series. I've downloaded the file but have yet to find a way to expand it. Any suggestions? I'd really like to tackle the PRO 100 installation, before I lose my nerve!

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I had a try at the download, but there seemed so much baggage with it, that I cut it short and ran CCleaner. So I still don't know how to take the lid off a 9000 II!:eek:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thanks for the link to the printer potty instructions for the PRO series. I've downloaded the file but have yet to find a way to expand it. Any suggestions? I'd really like to tackle the PRO 100 installation, before I lose my nerve!
The man to answer that problem is @stratman because he knows all about the down load..;)
If still no results then PM me and I'll send it to you..

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610

The file is packed with winrar, and can be unpacked with winrar, 7-zip, pea zip and many others.

I had a try at the download, but there seemed so much baggage with it, that I cut it short and ran CCleaner. So I still don't know how to take the lid off a 9000 II!:eek:

Not sure what you mean there emulator its only 3 .PDF files inside the rared file.

Ive re-uploaded it here (hope that is ok with @The Hat and @stratman if not shout guys and ill edit the post) incase it was the location that was giving any issues....
https://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0AFNCUT5/Printer_Potty_Instructions_-_Pro_9500_MKII.rar_links

Hurry do not know how long the various mirrors last.

George in Georgia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100, Epson R1800
I guess I wasn't clear. I've been able to download the .rar file, but Unzipme, for example, doesn't recognize the file format. Any further suggestions? An unpacker which will handle winrar files? I guess I'll do a google search later when I have the time.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990

The file is packed with winrar, and can be unpacked with winrar, 7-zip, pea zip and many others.

Not sure what you mean there emulator its only 3 .PDF files inside the rared file.

Ive re-uploaded it here (hope that is ok with @The Hat and @stratman if not shout guys and ill edit the post) incase it was the location that was giving any issues....
https://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0AFNCUT5/Printer_Potty_Instructions_-_Pro_9500_MKII.rar_links

Hurry do not know how long the various mirrors last.

I tried downloading from the link provided by CakeHole, and this is what happened. I of course cancelled the download. Note the adware alarm from AVG, and note that the file offered for download has the extension .exe. Click to enlarge:

Printerpotty1.jpg

Yesterday I tried the link provided by @stratman in post #14 and the same thing happened. But I closed the tab and tried the download again. This second time there was no alerts and the download offered had the proper extension .rar. I downloaded this file, and it contained nothing wrong. I successfully unpacked the download using "Total Commander", and got the three proper .pdf files.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I've been able to download the .rar file, but Unzipme, for example, doesn't recognize the file format. Any further suggestions? An unpacker which will handle winrar files?
It appears that Unzipme only works for ZIP files. Read on.

True. Winzip can also unpack RAR files. I'll take PeterBJ's word that Total Commander also works.

The popular standard compression programs are WinRAR and WinZIP. Each can unpack the others files and the difference between the two are essentially zero for most people. While these are both payware, you can trial these apps. It used to be, and may still be, that you could use the programs after the trial was over but a nag screen would need to be clicked off after starting up the program before using. I purchased the program a while back so don't know if that is still operative.

There are also a number of free applications that can unpack RAR (and other) compression files. 7-ZIP unpacks many types of compressed files like RAR and ZIP and is free but is not as pretty visually and while easy to use has a minimally higher learning curve IMO. I use it for a couple things such as checking out the contents of compressed EXE files. The important point is it is free and will unpack RAR (and many other formats).

RAR files have been internet standard for compressed files for a number of years. If you download files other than updates for your applications then having a program that can handle both RAR and ZIP files is useful. You can find a number of applications to unpack compressed files at http://download.cnet.com/windows/file-compression/?tag=bc.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I guess I wasn't clear. I've been able to download the .rar file, but Unzipme, for example, doesn't recognize the file format. Any further suggestions? An unpacker which will handle winrar files? I guess I'll do a google search later when I have the time.

Unzipme is old and poor software i suggest you replace it with 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/ or peazip http://peazip.sourceforge.net/ if you want a good free and simple alternative. That will unpack everything the actual program winrar can. Or get winrar trial free for 30 days...
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

I tried downloading from the link provided by CakeHole, and this is what happened. I of course cancelled the download. Note the adware alarm from AVG, and note that the file offered for download has the extension .exe. Click to enlarge:

View attachment 1957

Yesterday I tried the link provided by @stratman in post #14 and the same thing happened. But I closed the tab and tried the download again. This second time there was no alerts and the download offered had the proper extension .rar. I downloaded this file, and it contained nothing wrong. I successfully unpacked the download using "Total Commander", and got the three proper .pdf files.

You appear to be either clicking on the wrong download button (some of the upload sites have several download buttons) or the various upload sites now are throwing various "downloader" tools randomly. If you are using firefox i suggest you install adblock plus https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/ which will stop the silly popups and prompts to download "dialler" .exe files.

If you are using chrome that version is here..... https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb

If you are using Internet Explorer, then i suggest you scrap that pile of poop all together.

DO NOT download those .exe files. Ill try to find a host with none of the popup carp but to be honest i did not even think about that issue as ive had adblock installed for ages.

EDIT:
If you do not want to install adblock follow these instructions. It appears you are indeed clicking the wrong buttons....

1) click the download link
2) DO NOT CLICK the big greyish/blue download button at the top.
3) Scroll down to the list of mirrors
4) click where it says "RGhost click here" and click on the "click here" button
5) a new windows will open
6) AGAIN DO NOT CLICK on the greyish/blue "download now button"
7) Click where it says "Your preferred download link is ready! Click here to go to the page"
8) a new window will open
9) Click the LEFT download button in dark blue not the green button
10) file should download fine

Failing all that try clicking http://rghost.net/58534481 and follow steps 8,9 and 10, i seriously suggest installing adblock though to prevent future problems like this. Gets rid of a load of rubbish that interferes with your browsing.

Last edited:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I have stopped running adblock, which is why I killed the download. Is it not possible to upload to PrinterKnowledge as a text file or other?

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Nope cant use the "upload a file" function here for a few reasons....
1) Site wont take .rar files but interestingly does accept .ZIP (go figure one for @Nifty to look into)
2) I even tried repacking it as a zip but it still wont allow it, then get a message about the file being too big lol
3) ill try in a minute to upload the 3 individual PDFs separately though dont hold your breath i suspect the upload limit here is something limit 1Mb file max.