Planning on getting the Pro 10 or Pro 100 ?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
With @The Hat's blessing... The Hat's instructions for installing a Printer Potty on the Canon Pro 9500 MKII.

The link is http://ul.to/1ymhux4c and the file name is 'Printer Potty Instructions - Pro 9500 MKII.rar'. While you can pay to have faster download speeds for files with Uploaded.net (AKA ul.to), the file can be downloaded for free.

All thanks to The Hat for the great instructions and images!
Edit:- see post #41 in this thread for new instructions and service tool.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The "Printer Potty" install instructions are impressive! Nice work! :thumbsup

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Here’s a follow up:-

When you redirect the waste tubing from the purge unit on these Pro printers it’s about 30 cm long so there’s no need to purchase a waste ink tank, be thrifty and make your own !

But if you don’t want to make one up and you’d prefer the Rolls Royce edition, then here is the one I used..
Potty.PNG click to enlarge

Thombar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100, Canon MX922
I'm so new I haven't done my first refill yet. Where does the "waste Ink" come from and why would I want/need to save it to anything? Can I reuse it in a later cart fill?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I'm so new I haven't done my first refill yet. Where does the "waste Ink" come from and why would I want/need to save it to anything? Can I reuse it in a later cart fill?

Normally you would not want to re-use it unless you would filter it with a micron filter (there is a thread about this) and you could use it in another printer that does not have strict requirements for black ink to be really black. Like pigment cart for text in MP printer etc.

You get waste ink from print head cleaning cycles, performed by printer. And you must have a waste ink container if you print allot, otherwise don't bother.

Thombar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100, Canon MX922
Thank you Smile! Guess I don't need to worry about having one at this stage of the game.