Pixma Pro 100 print problem

mawyatt

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100
Joe,

There is no way to unclog the printhead? I know PC has the new M and PM inks, I just rec'd a new set of 4oz bottles for all colors. I also got a cleaned set of empty CLI-8 carts to convert over with the circuit board change so I wouldn't mix the old PC M and PM inks with the new formula.

Thanks,

Mike

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Mike in PC has a new formula for treating duff or extremely clogged print heads (Last resorts) and he reckons he’s had some degree of success with it, but it wont help you if the head nozzles are already burned out, in fact nothing will, except a new replacement.

It’s recommended to soak the damaged head in pure bleach and to cover it right up to the inlets over 50 cm deep, then leave it there overnight, washing and drying thoroughly afterwards of course and care is needed, so don’t splash it on any clothing.

I have not tried this myself and cannot recommend it to be tried on any head that can possibly be saved by conventional long term soaking and lots of patients, but if all else fails then you have nothing to lose.

When it comes to clogged print heads rather than damaged ones never give up hope even after you have purchased a new replacement, long term soaking in washing up liquid and Windex can achieve results eventfully, so you never really know..

P.S. The same words of caution should apply here to everyone:- With the first signs of any print problems STOP printing immediately and investigate your poor output using only the standard nozzle check and nothing else, no matter what the guy in the Video recommends..

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
"I have been using precision color ink refills is that a problem with magenta and photo magenta"

Unless you are currently using their NEW formulation! If you are not then yes. It is a problem.

Joe

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It’s recommended to soak the damaged head in pure bleach and to cover it right up to the inlets over 50 cm deep
Huh? Not heard this.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I did this as a last resort trying to unclog a magenta channel and it killed my PRO 9000MKII head.
I lost three heads due to un clearable magenta clogs!

Joe

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Jtoolman did you take the printhead apart to see if the clog was at the nozzles or before the nozzles?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Actually I did not. By the time I had reached the third dead print head I gave up and threw them all out and retired the printer.
This was not on a PRO-100 but instead on a PRO9000MKII which now sits in a box without a print head. Those heads still for at least $125.
where as PRO-100 print heads can be found for about $60 and up all over Ebay.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Ouch sounds like bad ink cost you lots of money.

deccma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
I am soaking my print head per the initial suggestion offered by the Hat using Dreft and Windex prescribed by him in an earlier thread here. I started today. I plan to soak overnight then change the Dreft solution and re-soak with it and Windex for another day. I will clean It thoroughly in distilled water and then let it dry for a couple of days. I will then do another nozzle check and hopefully the Magenta head will be un-clogged. I looked on Ebay for a new print head as a backup I did not find any thing at a reasonable price under $100 so I hope this works. I will let you all know how I make out. If it fails I might try again also per the Hat's suggestion. It would be worth a try as the print heads are rather expensive. The Magenta head prints so I know it's not burned out.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Mike in PC has a new formula for treating duff or extremely clogged print heads (Last resorts) and he reckons he’s had some degree of success with it, but it wont help you if the head nozzles are already burned out, in fact nothing will, except a new replacement.

It’s recommended to soak the damaged head in pure bleach and to cover it right up to the inlets over 50 cm deep, then leave it there overnight, washing and drying thoroughly afterwards of course and care is needed, so don’t splash it on any clothing.
Do you have a link to the original description? What is "pure bleach" exactly? To find the proper sort of "bleach" in german...