Pixma Pro 100 print problem

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sorry @PeterBJ there is no thread on here except this one on this subject, I got the information directly from Mike and he will post his finding fairly soon I imagine, it’s still an on going trial.

@martin0reg you are perfectly right the print heads do die from overheating but it happens slowly from poor or non excising ink flow, either from blocked nozzles caused by dried ink or incinerated fungus but mostly from ink starvation in my opinion, (Poorly maintained cartridge)..

Edit up-date:-
http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...failed-the-last-cleaning-method-to-try.10083/

deccma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
My printer problem is resolved. Initially I had magenta vertical stripes through my prints and the nozzle check confirmed that the magenta color had problems. I followed the advice of the hat earlier in this thread. I did a methodical cleaning soaking for 24 hours, dumped the water and repeated for another 24 hours, rinsed in distilled water two times and dried the print head for two days. I did an head alignment and then did a couple of nozzle checks everything looked fine. I then re-printed the same photo that I originally had problems with. Everything worked fine. My thanks to all for inputs.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Glad to hear you were able to clear the clog without having to experiment with bleach.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
For now I will just use an OEM magenta in my Pro9500 to hopefully prevent the magenta clogs. What about the Photo Magenta is that one a problem too?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
For now I will just use an OEM magenta in my Pro9500 to hopefully prevent the magenta clogs. What about the Photo Magenta is that one a problem too?
Two different ink types @rodbam, these are the all new dye inks from Mikling and not the pigment inks that you use, I.S. inks for the 9500 are very much stable and unaffected by this alleged fungus.. !

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thanks Hat, I hate fungus:)
What? No mushroom sandwiches like dear Mom made?! Or sauteed mushrooms with your steak? How about mushrooms in your salad or crudités? Or all the different mushrooms in your Chinese food? Not even french fried mushrooms every now and then to shake things up?

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I meant to say I hate mushrooms in my printer ink:)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Visited the cemetery today and spotted a guy who was picking chanterelles at the cemetery today. He had a big bag of them he was going to sell to local restaurants and such. They were growing on a hillside (no graves nearby) amongst the old oak trees. Several other types of mushrooms were in that area as well including porcini mushrooms. There were white non-carneverous venus flytrap-like plants at the top of the hill he said lived parasitically off the oaks. Very cool to see these things once I began to look.

Chanterelle_Cantharellus_cibarius.jpg