Pigment ink in Epson Et2710

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I use Inktec HP compatible pigment ink (CMYK) in all my Epson Workforce printers and it does a very good job, because all bubblejet based pigment inks (used in HP and Canon) can be used without any problems in piezojet printers like Epson and Brother. Bubblejet printers boil their ink until a hot gas vapour bubble is formed, that forces the ink droplet to be ejected onto the paper surface, unlike piezojet printers, where an electric pulse causes crystal changes in volume, pushing the cold ink to be ejected onto paper. The other way is not garantueed, because Epson/Brother ink is formulated to be used for a cold process printing and boiling the ink can cause unwanted precipitation of pigments or clogs, that might irreversably damage bubblejet print head. So piezojet print heads can handle almost all types of inks, that is way they are so popular for UV-curing printing and DTG garment printing using dye sublimation inks.

This is for sure technically possible.

But when I compare the colour of some Canon ink in the bottle with the result on paper, I do not exclude the boiling can shift the colour (to what was targeted by Canon).