Particular high usage LLB in Epson P800 printer

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
After refilling my EpsonP800 several times I discovered the LLB ink has a particular high usage that does not correspond at all with the ink level detection by the printer. The first time it caused air being forced into the tubing system (as the ink level still says about 40% full, but was completely dry physically), forcing me to reinitialise the printer to load the inks like the first time the cartridges are installed. So be careful and check ink level of the LLB on a regular base and refill if necessary accordingly. The other colours seem to correspond pretty well with the ink detection level on the printer panel.

Kjell-Anders

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880
I have discovered the same with my old pro 3880. Right now I use some reloaded OEM cartridges and have succeeded to reset PK and LK. It is clearly visable that the LK is drained much faster than PK (I really must check the weight to see if the indicator is correct).
But I´m on the starting line to test 160 ml cartridges which I intended to fill with InkTec ink. Unfortunately I got two bottles of C instead of C and LC. Then I saw the bottom line of your posts that you use Inktec Powerchrome K3, and now I´m uncertain if I have got Powerchrome or an earlier version of their pigment ink...
So now I´m waiting for answers from the supplier and from InkTec factory how these inks differ. Have you any idea?