Particles at prints R3000.

CapoKees

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Goodmorning everybody,

Yesterday evening late I printed two versions of the same photo first a 10x15 cm to check everything and after that a A4.
The 10x15 cm was good but at the A4 some tiny particles are visible more or less in the centre of the image, you can also feel them when gently rubbing with your fingers.
So I have two questions:
- What is this?
-How to solve and avoid this, maybe cleaning the printhead underneath with a doublefolded tissue with windowcleaner?
I saw this cleaning at youtube but found nothing about paricles at photos.

Thanks in advance.

Kees

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
which printer is showing this effect - a R3000 or an i9950 ? Are you doing refill ? or using original inks ?
Is the 10x15 paper the same as the A4 paper ? Did that problem show up before ? Is there something visible that you can scan it and post it here ? did you check the paper for any unevenness of the coating before you printed that image ?

CapoKees

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Thanks for the quick answer, the printer is a R3000, the i9950 died a few months ago.
The R3000 is an outletmodel thus used already,with one year warranty.
Ink is Epson, paper is Sihl 10x15 300g/m*2, the A4 is Sihl 280 g/m*2 both glossy, I used the setting Epson Premium glossy with good result.
This problem showed up before.
I did not check the paper for uneveness but maybe this is the problem, I check it Now: the packing of the A4 paper is just raw cartone maybe they are cartone particles.
I will repeat printing of the same photo with the same paper but inspect the paper for this and if necesary I wipe it off gently.
After printing I continue this thread.
Greetings,
Kees.

CapoKees

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
You gave me the good idea!
With other Sihl paper A4 there are no particles, it should have been the cartone packing of the paper,I saw the particles already on that paper after your answer,thanks very much.
This forum is GREAT.

Kees.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Thanks for your feedback - I would be glad all problems could be solved that easily....