Is photography your main purpose for printing?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
When I searched Craig's List globally I found many Canon PIXMA Pro-100 and a few Pro-10 new in-box w/box of 13"x19" paper all an unwanted peripheral of a computer bundle. Unfortunately, none close to me. One Pro-100 in Los Angeles for $135. Since this seems like a common bundle, maybe I should wait for someone in the Twin Cities to post on Craig's List or eBay.

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
It's called Free Flight which was before the days of Radio Control plane flying.
Pretty much the oldest form of the sport.
The plane goes vertical via the 2 stroke engine that produces 4HP for 9 seconds to which an onboard mechanical timer device kills the fuel feed. The model then transistions into a glide mode. 3 minutes later, and the same onboard timer (does 4 functions) releases the rear of the stabilizer to incline at a 40 degree angle which acts like an air brake. the model then descends back down to earth. This particular design is highly modified from it's original design of 1957. Weighs 3.5 LBs. 8' span, and lands like a feather.
That's the reason the small chase bike is in the picture..........for retrieval. The gentleman in the chair is timing the flight.
This goes on until one can no longer make a 3 minute total time flight. Contestant with highest time at end of meet wins.
Oh ya, after first 3 flights of 3 minute each, the engine run time gets reduced to 5 seconds, so picking lift becomes the science to all this.
Been doing this since 1963.
At least this is the edited version:)

here is a video which can also shed light on the sport if you're interested, (fast forward to the 20 minute mark to see the power stuff)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In921Qx5FlQ
A '70s film. Did you transfer it from Super 8?

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, ip6600D, i900D
No, it was posted on the NFFS (National Free Flight Society) forum.
http://freeflight.org/forums/forum/free-flight/

And BTW, back in the 60-70's there would be a gathering of 250-300 contestants at the USFFC's (United Sates Free Flight Champs) held on Memorial Day weekend in Taft, CA.
Today the attendance has dwindled down to about 50.
Once Radio Control evolutionized, it literally killed the interst in Free Flight............only us old timers are still doing it.

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, ip6600D, i900D
unbelievable............I have 3 sitting in the garage that i was only asking for 30 dollars each, and this guy wants 185.00 without printhead and ink?
I didn't read the whole description as it never dawned on me that someone would ask that much for one without the necessities......sorry about that.