Office Quality IP3000 cartridge suggestions please.

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If you can concentrate your black text work onto a particular machine than a single black continuous feed inkjet into an IP3000 would be a economic option. You still have the ability to do colour work as required.

Muad Dib

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just an update.

I want to thank everyone for their feedback and suggestions. The suggestions pertaining to a good, high capacity, networked, B/W laserjet are noted and will remain on the "wishlist" pending a funding source. Though I think Katrina may have just sucked up any previously uncommitted charitable donations along with a large portion of the gulf coast. It is a more deserving, higher priority need.

I decided on and just received an initial order from Bulkinkjetcarts and will provide feedback at a later time on how they work out in this case.

As an FYI the carts received were the BIJC#2 type described in JV's excellent analysis and evaluation post, Thank you JV.

The order was placed at 2:30 on Wednesday and received at 3:00 on Friday via UPS, securely packaged. So Bulkinkjetcarts gets an A+ for response time and delivery. Price - BCI-6C,Y,M $1.39 ea, BCI-3e-BK $1.66 ea. not including $6 flat rate shipping.

Have a good weekend!

Geoexplorer

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I sold three HP officejet 7110 machines (i don't even want to start how crappy these machines are, just read my review on epinions.com) and bought 4 canon mp780 from officemax. Why? Because with the officemax $40 off $150 coupon (which u get when you sign up for one of those business rewards card like a grocery store card) you can get each canon multi task machine for $199-$40=$160 dollars each, and the machine takes same cart model as ip3000! You get a lot of machine for just $160 dollars. Its a fax/ scanner/ copier/ e-mail integration with tons of features, and for those who say it can't be networked well they don't know how to set it up right. Even with just a router you can network printing/ copier functions, between unlimited number of machines. We love it and for ink only $1.39 per cart we are a very happy small business office!

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Canon mp780 uses same cartridges ip4000 does, not ip3000. Besides office printing jobs mp780 is also a pretty good photo printer.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
100% agree with Geoexplorer and hpnetserver. The MP780 uses the same cartridges as ip4000 (an additional photo black cartridge that ip3000 lacks) -- BUT the other cartridges are the same and the photo black is used very very rarely if you don't print lots of photos.

You can find prefilled cartridges at such low prices that you can even compete a laser printer.