Ocbestjet Epson K3 compatible refill ink (aliexpress.com)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
That's an interesting approach indeed to tune the photo black ink this way. And your comments show as well that the look of pigment inks - in this case the photo black - can vary widely - gloss and the black level can be very different. I can confirm this from my own tests of 3rd party pigment inks - inks can look very different in this respect.
I got these luminance variations of the black levels of inks I had in the cabinet at that time

www.printerknowledge.com/threads/not-another-fading-test.11878/#post-101283

Last edited:

Andreas S

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro 3800, Epson 1400
@pharmacist
If you have a seringue you also can use the original ink from other printer model cartridges. I do so. As by my job i've got some good contacts to get them for free i have actualy at less 15 kg of ink at home. If you want some PK send me a pm.
Andreas

Guilherme Maranhao

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1400 with carbon inks
Guys, first of all, thanks for this post and all the information that is here.

I was given an Epson R3000 that was left in a garage for one year after living a life with very little printing. So I assume that it should have lots of clogging for me to clear.
In the past I have been able to convert two clogged Epson 4900s and one Epson 1400 to a DIY carbon inkset. The 1400 is still with me and printing away black and white prints with that special carbon tone.

I had been looking at AliExpress at the inks you guys wrote about and this is how I found this post.
I was planning something I could do to this R3000 jut to try it with color on the cheap side.
If it fails, I could easily push it over to carbon using 4 of its 9 channels.

So, @pharmacist, how have the prints with the Ocbestjet ink aged since 2019?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
actually none: as crisp as the first days (pigment ink), but with the remarks I mentioned about the PB black that is terrible muted like matte black and the need for a custom profile to neutralise the magenta cast of the ABW printing mode.

Guilherme Maranhao

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1400 with carbon inks
Great, this is good news. I'll start with a set of refillables and see if I'm able to get all channels clean. Thanks for your quick reply!