Non OEM Cartridge for Epson C82

gundum

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

I have been using Epson C82 and changing with original cartridges for a long time. Now I realized that there are several non OEM cartridges on the market. They are much cheaper than the original one. I am not sure about the printing quality of non OEM cartridges. However I usually print out my reports and some of photos. I would likt to find out more info about non OEM cartridges. I worry that it might ruin my printer. Could you please suggest me where I can get more info and where I can buy any good non OEM cartridges? Thank you.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Gundum, welcome! I'm a bit curious about this myself. My brother is a hard core Epson fan and was really excited about their "Durabright inks" that, from what I understand, are pigment based.

Back when he first got his C80 there weren't any non-oem pigment color inks that he could use in his Epson. He found one seller on eBay that said they had inks that would work, but he didn't have a very good experience. To this day he is still anti third party inks.

I'm curious what I heard / read was true, and what has changed in the last few years regarding third party inks that work in these Epson printers.

Mark

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Gun:
You may take a look at this site: http://www.padiscountink.com/ . I have no experience with Epson printers, but I have used their products for other applications with good results and they offer Epson supplies. They produce their own inks and are easy to communicate with. Good Luck.

Craig Ross

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am currently refilling epson durabrite carts and as far as I can tell
they are dye inks. Have'nt had any complaints from clients yet
I think only epsons ultrachrome inks are pigment

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Craig, then what is it about the durabright inks that makes them last so long if they are not pigment inks?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
So, "DURABrite Ink is a revolutionary pigment-based ink technology". And I think I understood that since there wasn't a Durabrite 3rd party ink that refillers and non-oem carts were using dye based inks. I just wasn't sure if this was still the case.

Craig Ross

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
perhaps these inks are a mixture of dye and pigment I have noticed MIS do this as
a compromise for colour vibrancy of dye and longivity of pigment but are not 100% pigment

Craig Ross

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sorry my mistake the carts I've been refilling are for the epson R210/310/510
I wrongly assumed they were durabrite
my supplier is unable to get a durabrite replacement but do agree they are
possibly a dye pigment mixture

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
If you are considering changing from pigment to dye based inks read Arthur Entlich's instructions as he warns about incompatability possibly causing clogs. Ph differences. Look for the post with his email address and request that he sends you his epson head cleaning instructions.