No cyan ink

Millturn

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 4900
My 5 year old 4900 is not printing cyan in the nozzle check. Did three power cleanings, did the paper towel cleaning, and still nothing. As there is not one spec of ink coming through I'm sure it's not a clogging problem. Was thinking the printhead went bad but now I'm wondering if there is any other problem that could be causing this before diving into the print head. Wondering if anybody has any ideas on this. Thanx

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
What are the conditions when cyan dropped out- after a cartridge change - or after a longer idle time - or slowly with a few nozzles first ? Are you using original Epson cartridges/inks or do you do refill ? Is it the first time it happened ?

You may need a service manual to get access to the printhead, replace the dampers - at best all of them at this time and flush the cyan channel with a cleaner

You may check here as well

The 4900s are particularly problematic with their cleaning assemblies (otherwise known as Pump Cap assemblies). The cleaning assembly should be replaced proactively every 2 yrs on this machine.

from https://shop.inkjetmall.com/4900-refillable-cartridge-instructions

Last edited: