newer canon 226 carts, caannot view the ink level

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Mine is a bit smaller and maybe I would have rather have gotten one like thehat"s but it works and works well. Now that I am refilling some OEM Epson carts I need the scale to make sure I am reaching the correct "FULL" weight. Of course that is after having weighed a brand new one of the same # and vintage!

emmaachile

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Do u really need a scale to fill the canon oem 225? I dont think so.

emmaachile

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
All i do is to use the German method. I turn the cartridge upside down and make sure the refill hole at the front is higher than the other sides. I refill with squezze bottles until i see ink on the exit port. Simple and effective.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Emmaachile, if you also plug the exit and inject ink until it comes out the vent, then you'll know it's really full. (I don't recommend that, however.)

I don't have time to explain this or debate this, but I'm kind of surprised that you have gotten away with this so far. It's very likely that you're overfilling the cartridges. That's not exactly what the Germans had in mind when they published the Durchstich method. You might get away with it under certain conditions, but that procedure is likely to bite you sooner or later. For more information, Panos (I think) published a set of rules for the German method on this forum. Some of the rules were hotly contested at the time, but the consensus is that they are pretty accurate. Or you can look up almost any other description of the method.

emmaachile

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ok. See the description below. I refill without the plugs

8500_i_refill_with_squeeze_bottle_until_i_see.jpg

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
emmaachile, can you post a video of your method ? It will greatly help users with this type of cartridges.

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
I hadn't gone through all the post about the non transparent cart. But I too uses the weighing scale after I had refill my CLI-8 PGI-5BK even though they are transparent.
That is I compared them to the weight of a new cartridge. So that I get correct amount of ink inside the cart. This help to ensure that after reset the chip, the counters are more or less accurate. So those with non transparent cart might want to give it a try.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, Lin, how full is the ink chamber in a new transparent cartridge?