newer canon 226 carts, caannot view the ink level

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Very easy. Thanks!

I would suggest that you stop injecting at the first sign of ink soaking the exit port. It can help avoid ink spills.

You can also avoid ink leaking from the refill hole by using a standard syringe to inject a specific amount of ink.

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
ThrillaMozilla said:
Just out of curiosity, Lin, how full is the ink chamber in a new transparent cartridge?
I am referring to the CLI-8 PGI-5BK which were transparent cartridges. Not the newer smaller carts which were non transparent type. But you can use the same idea of using weighing scale.

Remember if you weigh the new cartridge with the exit port cap on to find out what is the weight, when you weigh the refill the cart, remember to weigh the cart together with the same exit port cap you would be using for refill. Usually it's about 1g/2g for the cap.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Lin, let me repeat my question. In the transparent cartridges, how full was the ink chamber?

I know about weighing cartridges. I've been telling people to do it for months now. But I'm curious how full the manufacturer filled the ink chamber, since I have no way of determining that except to open a new cartridge.