new XP15000, what if I don't download ink supply software?

MadAboutPrinters

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-15000, canon pro-10
I'm assuming this doesn't make it "chipless"?
Asking for a Mac user.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
US based Epson printers need chipless firmware in order to work, because unlike EU printers the chips cannot be reset with a resetter or using refillable cartridges. Only legislation can force Epson to enable the use of aftermarket carts like it is enforced in the EU. Maybe it could be possible to flash an US XP-15000 with the firmware from EU, so the printer accepts refillables or the carts to be reset with a resetter.

MadAboutPrinters

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-15000, canon pro-10
Thanks for your response.
Are wither of you familiar with inkchip.net for chipless firmware>?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Thanks for your response.
Are wither of you familiar with inkchip.net for chipless firmware>?
I'm aware of them and have had some keys sent to me for evaluation (for resetting waste ink counters). They are promoted by some other experienced users in the YouTube sphere too.

However, my complaint with them is that they still haven't resolved the (alleged) false positive malware categorisations that their app keeps getting tagged under. It's entirely possible they are just false positives but nobody seems to be making any effort to resolve or report them accordingly.

I was able to get find an alternative (albeit a bit confusing) via 2manuals.com though:
https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=1857

If you opt for the latter make sure you read ALL the information, particularly the key type at the bottom of the page so you get the correct one.

MadAboutPrinters

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-15000, canon pro-10
US based Epson printers need chipless firmware in order to work, because unlike EU printers the chips cannot be reset with a resetter or using refillable cartridges. Only legislation can force Epson to enable the use of aftermarket carts like it is enforced in the EU. Maybe it could be possible to flash an US XP-15000 with the firmware from EU, so the printer accepts refillables or the carts to be reset with a resetter.
Thanks