New technique to clean BCI-6 carts

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Subarub4
the ink I'm using is for a Epson Artisan 730 but since it's dye ink it's the same for both Canon and Epson.

Also it's pretty generic ink so I'm not sure how the color will be.
I would you say you should have a big rethink about using Epson inks in your Canon printer, Ouch. :hit

The printer manufacturers use two completely different ways of delivering their inks to your paper
via their print heads and so also are their inks.

They may look the same colour even print out the same colour but there not,
there is Canon inks and there is Epson inks and there are also Universal inks.

So if you care anything about your printer USE only inks that are specially formulated
and recommended for Canon printers and that goes the same for Epson printers too.

Where Universal inks are concerned, youre right they can be used in both printer
but they work even better in the trash bin where they cant do any harm to anyones printer, and should never be used.

Subarub4

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
It works fine I'm in a rush but I will post a picture when I get back,I've already printed about 60 full page 8.5"x11" sheets

Subarub4

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Here are a few I did using a poster program

IMAG0525.jpg

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0522.jpg

I was not expecting much from the ink but I was able to get it here next day after ordering when I do run out I will switch to something better

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Subarub4 wrote:

One question I noticed this.. the OEM carts you know the pad on the print head with the cart sits they seem to put more ink on the pad with the OEM cart then the aftermarket..

OEM cyan on left and aftermarket photo cyan on right, I noticed the same when switching out the black with OEM

DSC00549.jpg
This is the reason that many members, me included, recommend that only Canon OEM cartridges are refilled. Third party prefilled cartridges may work well if only used once, but often cause problems with ink flow if refilled. Thermal printheads as used in Canon printers need a reliable inkflow to cool the heaters, else you risk heater burnout, it is like trying to run an electric kettle or water heater without water. Printing photos or posters has a much higher ink demand than printing ordinary plain paper copies, increasing the risk of damaging the printhead.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
PeterBJ
I tried the same advice to him earlier in post # 131 but he seemed uninterested,
So Speed on Subarub4 Hell isnt full of Canon printers just yet.. :ya

Subarub4

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
PeterBJ
I tried the same advice to him earlier in post # 131 but he seemed uninterested,
So Speed on Subarub4 Hell isnt full of Canon printers just yet.. :ya
I will bite my tongue... and answer nicely.. the NON OEM cart was pre-filled carts, the ink you see on the far left is a OEM cart with aftermarket ink.

The aftermarket cart in this case was the sophia global had that foamy sponge in the cart where the OEM uses something much harder.