New technique to clean BCI-6 carts

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Subarub4 said:
I'm late but how do you vacuum the carts out?
I first blow out as much water as possible from the sponge by putting my mouth up to the air vent. I then use a vacuum to pull as much water out as I can see. It is best to have a vacuum cleaner that will not be harmed by water. A shop vac or wet and dry dust buster works just fine. I have an old tank-type vacuum that I've used that we were about to discard. I hold the cart against the accessory tube opening with my hand blocking the tube opening except for the end of the cart. Not a perfect seal, but enough to pull a vacuum on the ink outlet. Then i turn the cart around to have the vacuum pull against the fill hole/air vent side. When you can't see much water being pulled from the cart I then use my table fan overnight to dry the carts further.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Does anyone else use a centrifuge to dry the cartridges?

v1 v2

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
fotofreek said:
Subarub4 said:
I'm late but how do you vacuum the carts out?
I first blow out as much water as possible from the sponge by putting my mouth up to the air vent. I then use a vacuum [cleaner] to pull as much water out as I can see. It is best to have a vacuum cleaner that will not be harmed by water.
Use a syringe.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
There are techniques described to use a syringe for both purging and removing water from these carts. I'm sure that they work very well. More efficient, however, is continuous water pressure for purging and continuous vacuum for removing water. Ultimately, whatever technique you use that cleans and dries a cart is OK. Tudor's home-brew centrifuge is a unique addition to the purging/drying tool box!

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Let me repeat this in a different way. Subarub4 and Tudor are using a vacuum cleaner and a drill to remove a few milliliters of water. You can do that, but a syringe is simpler and more efficient. For a quick and easy vacuum, or to extract liquid, it's hard to beat a syringe for simplicity and effectiveness.

Subarub4

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
wow forgot to come back here.. so I will have to give the syringe way, I will have to get the parts for the faucet but at least I have all my OEM carts accounted for and I just need to get the ink.

Subarub4

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ahh crap I have everything but the brass part that goes to the clear hose.. the one I have is too small but I thought it would of fit :( it's a madhouse at home depot right now.