New member (but not really...)

gymea

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-8550, Canon iX6820
I can't believe I've never posted here. I've been following this forum for...almost 2 decades? I seem to remember it was when I first moved to London (Ontario) back in 2005. Is that possible? Anyway, back when I was refilling my Canon IP4000 cartridges and this place was known as "Nifty-Stuff"...and after I graduated from the Usenet group alt.comp.periphs.printers.

Anyway, I've been following the forum for years and I feel as though I known all of you for a long time...but I guess I've only been lurking anonymously. Go figure.

Anyway, I've always been a printer freak. For some reason, just the joy of being able to produce something on a computer and output it to a hard format that I can hand out has always been very cool for me. My first printer (not counting the dot-matrix Roland Raven PR-1012 that I started life with) was the Canon BJ-10e, which I believe was one of the very first Canon Bubblejet printers. It printed only in black, and I remember the Futureshop rep telling me that I could buy the Apple equivalent cartridges for that printer for much cheaper. Oh come to think of it, I do remember filling those Canon cartridges with black ink, so I guess my cartridge filling career started even earlier than I thought!

Current printers are an HP LaserJet CP1525nw Colour Laser, a Canon PIXMA IP4200 (yeah, the IP4000 finally died a few years ago), an Epson XP-960, a Canon PIXMA MX922 (and a few MX922/MX722 spares that I got cheaply off of Kijiji), a Canon PIXMA iX6820, and lastly an Epson EcoTank ET-8550 (which is only a week old and still pristine and sealed as I haven't had a chance to really sit down and do the unboxing and setup ritual).

Oh, and I think I have a Canon IP4500 in pristine (uninked) condition kicking around as a spare somewhere around here...

Anyway, glad to finally make an introduction!