New Light Standard Design... I hope...

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Wow, that intense and impressive!

I'm a HUGE fan of Tinkercad... that's definitely more my speed / style. I'd love to learn fusion360, but I definitely know I'd spend a million hours learning it, use it at a novice level for a few weeks, not use it for a year, and then need to totally start from scratch :(

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'd love to learn fusion360, but I definitely know I'd spend a million hours learning it, use it at a novice level for a few weeks, not use it for a year, and then need to totally start from scratch
I’ve used Fusion 360 in the past for things like putting treads on shafts and nuts, but find it very frustrating because it takes so much time to learn and many many mistakes to get what I want, otherwise I steer clear of it..

It’s a great professional 3D package but you need to be using it on a weekly basics to remember all the right moves, but it still pisses me off when I can’t get it to work properly for me… all my fault.. :he

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The start of the first print..

Starting on the very base of the lamp standard yesterday and 20 hours in the filament stopped feeding, so I had to cancelled the print and see what the Feck went wrong. o_O

I was supposed to carry out some maintenance on the CR-10 after it had complete the first lamp standard, but decided to strike while the iron was hot and make a start on the second lamp. (Bad idea but not my first)…

The problem turned out to be the little gear on top of the extruder motor, it had a grove worn into the teeth where it was feeding the filament to the nozzle, but it didn’t take long to figure out where the issue was and replace this gear with a new one.

P1010632.jpg Untitled-1.jpg click to enlarge..

Now I’m back at the start again but this time the output looks cleaner and smoother than the previous , so by Friday evening I should have the first section finished, I plan on cementing each piece in place as soon as they are printed, that will give Ted something to aim at..
🐕

P.S. this CR-10 is one tuff auld bird…:hugs

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I plan on cementing each piece in place as soon as they are printed
Update:-
I’m printing away on each section of the lamp standard but can’t get a dry day to piece it together as I make it, it’s been nonstop rain for the past 10 days, it’s a good job it’s made of plastic otherwise it would Feckin rust before I'll get it completed..

Time to purchase more filament…

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Time to purchase more filament…
Maybe I should invest in the filament business. Your purchases alone would keep me in Teelings. 🥃

Speaking of Teelings, I have a bottle patiently waiting to come out and play but might have to crack open a new local offering - an 8 year bourban whisky from Western Reserve Distillers. Come on over, uncle. 🤗

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Now that is tempting
You can bet your bippy it is. I should take a photo of the bottle and post it. Think I'll take it to my 95 year old uncle and give it a thorough try with him. He's a bourbon man like you. Would the two of you have a great time. The stories told would be epic, truth be damned. :old:pop:clap:hugs