New Light Standard Design... I hope...

someone else had to sneak a preview
Little Ted lives the life of Riley! Your yard is like a doggie amusement park! Look at all those toys and place for him to lift a leg. :ya:weee
 
3D lamp posts are better suited for dogs. They won’t corrode like metal poles if those friendly chaps come often to pay ‘one leg lift’ visits. :p
 
and place for him to lift a leg.
They won’t corrode like metal poles if those friendly chaps come often to pay ‘one leg lift’ visits
It’s a rite of passage, he has peed on both my lamps now so they have pissed the test, like a Certificate of Authentication… 2 Genuine Acme lamps..
Question:- @Artur5, Why don’t you use a nice Avatar…:hu
 
@The Hat
I've just found this thread after being away from the forum for a while. It's brilliant, especially following the step by step history of the lamppost's creation:thumbsup

What tool did you use for the design?
 
What tool did you use for the design?
Thank you @FryingSaucer, I also amazed myself, because I didn’t think I could do it..
This was my only go to App..

Capture.JPG
 
This was my only go to App..

View attachment 9468
In that case, I'm even more impressed with your design. I use OpenScad myself. It suits me. But I've not used it to design works of art like your lamppost. I thought that would be just too difficult for that kind of application.
 
I just looked at and glazed over :th It took me back to the first day I switched on my first PC and the DOS prompt appeared and I thought "what do I do now" :he

I assume you can't actually draw anything, it's all done using command lines like cylinder(r=10);

Or have I missed the obvious?
 
I assume you can't actually draw anything, it's all done using command lines like cylinder(r=10);
That’s what I do, armed only with a Calliper tool… O’ and I sometime engage my brain..:D
Capture.JPG click to enlarge...
99% of this is all in my imagination and you know how dodgy that can get…:fl
 
Back
Top