Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Seems surelab D3000 used pigment inks :(

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
d3000 uses a 6 color based ultrachrome d6 (for 6 colors just as the 1500W) pigmented ink formula
also there is the SL-D700 works with the same inks

I have two customers who own and use these machines on a daily basis to print high quality portaits on business exibition in style of a photo booth where as every participant gets a free portrait photo for his/her CV in print and digital form

its a "closed" source machine with high capacity ink tanks for productive need and roll printing.

I personaly would want to spend so much$$$ in one piece of hardware that you possible fail and leave my into my disaster.
I like to work with multiple machine in a printerpool such as the R3000 or even smaller P50

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
"I personaly would want to spend so much$$$ in one piece of hardware that you possible fail and leave my into my disaster."

Yes that is so true, single point of failure as they call it is always bad.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
this happens to customers of mine all the time, the other day network was down nobody new way. I routinely checked the wiring and the culprit was an rather old 8Port gbit no-name switch, it simply burned out....

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
d3000 uses a 6 color based ultrachrome d6 (for 6 colors just as the 1500W) pigmented ink formula
also there is the SL-D700 works with the same inks

No, as far as I know their drylab uses dye inks, just like the drylabs made by Noritsu and Fuji.
Check the specs here:

http://www.epson.com.au/CommercialProducts/products/DisplaySpecs.asp?id=SL-D700

The only minilab ever built that I know of that uses pigments is the one made by HP
How many times does this happen to you that you post a question then find an anwer?

Here is EPSON dry lab inks from europe
http://www.optimum-direkt.de/epson_sc-t3000_t5000_t7000.html

There is also EPSON SC-P600
"
Epson launches A3+ SC-P600 printer with ‘industry’s
highest black density’

"
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/48...-printer-with-industrys-highest-black-density

The SC-P600 is supposed to be the replacement to the R3000. Same pigment colors, only different formulations I guess.

The minilabs you think of with the "limited" gamut are the conventional RA4 chemical minilabs. Color gamut is fairly good, what they lack at is Dmax. RA4 process is a three-color one, there is no pure black colorant.
But I've seen prints made with the dry labs (those that use the dye inkjets), and they are very good. Gamut is similar to their desktop printers.
You can download icc profiles for the fuji minilabs here, to check yourself:

http://products.fujifilm.eu/support/color_management/photographic/

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
@costadinos

So any links to inks for drylabs? The usual Noritsu, Fuji minilabs (digital printers) don't know if they are calleddrylabs are very bad in gamut only half of say EPSON L800. So if they are called drylabs then that is very bad inks, but then I thought the inks were in the paper allready likefuji crystal archive paper. Perhaps I'm mistaken with terms, my bad english :(

So any links to consumable should clear this up. Thanks.
I have used HP dye and pigment inks in Canon, it's a shame they would not work in an EPSON L series would they?

Here's a link to what you are looking for:

http://shop.photomart.co.uk/fujifilm-dx100-printer-ink.html

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
There are several links for drylab inks now here in the thread...

What about this:
http://www.optimum-direkt.de/epson_surelab_d700_tinten.html

But who knows how an original drylab ink would perform in a epson home inkjet printer?
Some say these would be like claria or similar - but that seems to be pure speculation until now..

I also found ebay item 121468367930 ... take a look ... another drylab ink...

Last edited:

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
But who knows how an original drylab ink would perform in a epson home inkjet printer?
Some say these would be like claria or similar - but that seems to be pure speculation until now..

All three companies claim similar fade resistance to what Epson says about their Claria inkset.
And being their "higher end" dye printers they should perform at least as good as their home printers.
A Fuji DL400 has been tested by Aardenburg imaging, the results were pretty close to the OEM Claria.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Why are there no 3rd party ink manufacturers, who can use these very strong dyes to formulate very fade resistant dye inks? I am willing to pay 3 times the price compared to OCP dye ink, which still makes the ink very cheap.

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Why are there no 3rd party ink manufacturers, who can use these very strong dyes to formulate very fade resistant dye inks? I am willing to pay 3 times the price compared to OCP dye ink, which still makes the ink very cheap.

I remember reading somewhere that Epson does something similar to resin encapsulation for their dye inks. It could be that the process or the raw materials are too expensive for any manufacturer to produce them at a lower cost. Or it could be a patent issue.
Anyway, all three companies with the minilabs use inks from Epson.