"New" Canon Pro-10 showing B200 error

AdrianWoon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
2 Canon Pro-10's and 1 Pro-100
Post your current nozzle check with the missing inks please..
Unfortunately this is my current nozzle check. What is showing is 1.Photo Cyan and I believe 5.Photo Magenta. What would be missing would be 2.Yellow, 3.Magenta, 4.Red, 6.Grey, 7.Photo Black, 8.Cyan, 9.CO and 10.Matt Black.
Nozzle Check - Canon Pro 10.JPG

ChuckS

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-10
These things can happen and the B200 error is sometimes unavoidable, it’s nobody’s fault, because just turning on the printer can trigger this error to appear, but that doesn’t mean the print head is damaged or has failed.

You’ll need to thread the Pro 10 with a bit more respect, it reacts differently to holding down the power button, (Not good) so try un-plugging it from the wall socket and closing the front paper tray, this will do to start with.

Next leave it turned off for 15 minutes then turn on and when the printer responds, open the top cover only and wait, the print head should move to the centre, and if it doesn’t it may have got jammed in the parking position, most likely caused by poor transportation and handling..

Try this for now and if no success then come back and we can show you how to unlock the print head and move it to the centre position.. Small steps and lots of patients needed..
I have a Canon Pixma Pro-10, with the B-200 error and the carriage is also stuck in the far right position. I've cleared the B-200 error in the past, but it seems now that I first need to get the print head out of the parking position. Could you share any instructions you have? Thanks.

AdrianWoon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well if that’s your most recent nozzle check, then there is no more to be said..

You need a new Print head…
I did a deep clean and reprinted the nozzle check. I'm hoping to hold on to this printhead if at all possible... but if it really looks like there's no hope, I'll swap out the printhead.
Nozzle_check_2021-05-03.png

AdrianWoon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
I did another deep clean and a nozzle check about 6 hours later. The results improved, but a whole channel is out. Should I do another deep clean and nozzle check and if another clean doesn't show any improvement, then I guess there's no hope for the printhead?

Nozzle Check - Canon Pro 10-3.JPG

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Should I do another deep clean and nozzle check and if another clean doesn't show any improvement, then I guess there's no hope for the printhead?
Try replacing the photo black cart for a new one and then do a nozzle check again..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
As @The Hat always said, maximum two cleaning cycles and wait until next day. Patience is king!