New Canon Pixma TS series

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Looking at that contraption, I reckon I’d prefer no wheel at all
Essential gear for the backseat driver Mother in Law who wants to sit up front. :lol:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It looks like the Canon Pixma TS9120 is now available from the Canon US online store. From the description, notice the explanation of the photo blue ink. Now it is about reducing graininess:
THE PREMIUM HOME PRINTER THAT HAS IT ALL.

Introducing the PIXMA TS9120 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One home printer, designed to deliver exceptional results and look great with its multiple color options. This printer can handle it all - from homework assignments, shopping lists, invitations and concert tickets to stunning family photos. Achieve photo lab results thanks to a 6-Color Individual Ink System with a Photo Blue ink for reduced graininess and even add creative filters to your photos with the 5.0" LCD Touchscreen. With all the devices we have today, printers need to be connected, and the TS9120 doesn't disappoint. With Wi-Fi®1, Bluetooth2, Ethernet and even Cloud3 capabilities, you can conveniently print from all your favorite devices. For those who want to get the most out of their printer – meet the Canon PIXMA TS9120.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Except that is the working hypothesis, at least for Driver Education school training cars. :eek:

twotie.jpg

Already been done :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W94BXQI6Eo

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
No. the reality is that there are few Blue inks available. Canon will say this and it makes sense to the uninformed. The reality is that they have a dye that is not readily available in the aftermarket now and want to leverage and give themselves some space to make a few dollars in the meantime.
Unavailability of blue ink is quite the curve ball. Anyone buying this new series of printers is clearly interested in the convenience factor, not in refilling.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Depends. Blue is not easily available on Ebay but it exists and has in the past. We'll see.
The Blue strategy is interesting. It isn't necessarily that Blue gives you better skies maybe but that the cyan nozzles can be freed and let loose on lighter color thereby giver a larger tonal resolution in the light cyan giving more accurate blue skies. This leaves the cyan content on darker colors to be lower because blue is called in on those situations.

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
I won't be happy until there are fifty shades of gray. :weee
Yes, I want a printer with fifty cartridges the size of a refrigerator.:he

Drjim

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Cannon ts9020 pro100
No time for to refill 50. I'm too busy counting nozzles. Can't find 6000 of them. Where could they be?